New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I'm planning to change my car this next month. Actually I'm a Corolla fan and I really like the All-New Altis but my wife insists to get a 2.0S Civic. I test drove these two cars and both did well. I haven't test drove the new Lancer yet the looks is very much tempting and others said it drives very well... Guys, just want to know your suggestions. Which is better among these three??? Tnx.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I will eliminate the Corolla without hesitation. Why buy the new Altis when practically its just the same car as your Altis is right now... Same engine, same transmission, Toyota is just milking us and I will have no part in that if you want to be milked though by all means be my guest...

But between the Civic and the Lancer boy I am one hell of a satisfied Civic owner but I have to give it to the Lancer for the simple reason that I like its looks better and its not yet as plentiful in the street so its definitely a head turner, the Civic is more luxurious though and has more convenience features...
    Last edited by tidus1203; May 27th, 2008 at 08:26 PM.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Get the new lancer, so we can ask you how it performs.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    If it was me, I'd choose the new Altis, the Civic is one of the ugliest things on the road today (the other being the butt ugly Honda City). As for the Lancer, well..... I had a '95 GLXI A/T before and this car sucked big time, the suspension was crappy and the transmission was troublesome. After that car, I will NEVER buy a Mitsubishi again. I had a Nissan Sentra 1.6 boxtype before the Lancer. As we all know this particular Sentra model had a bad rep, but this was way better than the Lancer that I owned after it. The suspension was not as bad. I also had an '03 Altis J A/T which I just sold very recently, I really liked it but had to sell it with a baby coming soon. Have to replace it with something big and spacious, We'll be getting a Grand Starex to replace it soon.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    I will eliminate the Corolla without hesitation. Why buy the new Altis when practically its just the same car as your Altis is right now... Same engine, same transmission, Toyota is just milking us and I will have no part in that if you want to be milked though by all means be my guest...

But between the Civic and the Lancer boy I am one hell of a satisfied Civic owner but I have to give it to the Lancer for the simple reason that I like its looks better and its not yet as plentiful in the street so its definitely a head turner, the Civic is more luxurious though and has more convenience features...
    I prefer a new 1.8V Altis... I've seen both cars civic and altis in Dubai side by side. Mas maganda ang new Altis. Wala namang problema kung same engine yan, brand new yan at hindi surplus ...Dont mind those sour graping civic owners, santambak na yan sa kalye. Kung may pambili ka ng brand new car at Para maiba naman...Mag Altis ka na lang.
    Last edited by FPJ; May 27th, 2008 at 09:54 PM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yes to each his own. I am more of a specs guy, so Civic over Corolla for me and I put my money where my mouth is I did buy the Civic over the Corolla

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Honda Civic FD. why?
    -it's a Honda
    -Higher resale value
    -powerful yet economic K20 Engine
    -Smooth suspension
    -aftermarket service is excellent though its a bit pricey
    -very futuristic design
    -more convinient features than Lancer (audio Aux In, central lock button)
    -leather seats
    -digital speedometer

Civic 2.0S owners please add some more..

I test drove the Lancer last saturday.. I love its engine performance but i still want the Civic's K20 engine. Next month, i'm going to buy a new car, I'm sure to buy the Civic FD.. its either 2.0S or 1.8S+mods..

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Well I haven't tried to the 2.0S-L Civic, but if history is any indication Honda's should be the most fun to drive. I have driven so many Toyota's already from Vios to Camry, from Revo to a Landcruiser aand it just does not have that feel that Honda's give... As for Mitsu I have only driven the pizza Lancer and that thing was a suspension headache. And ironically its was the Civic FD that I bought recently that replaced my old pizza Lancer...

I think Top Gear Philippines had an article about these 3 cars back in their April issue, might be a good read for those contemplating on these 3 cars... Well whatever you decide, just enjoy the car buying process its probably the most fun part of owning a car IMO....

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ill have to go with the civic on this... altis under power (considering the weight with the engine) compared to the new civic... lighter body with bigger engine. another is what tidus said that its the same everything except for the exterior and interior. like they say, old wine in a new bottle.

kahit ok yung vvti, bakit hindi nila sinama sa pinas production ang vvti2? at least will definitely set it apart from the old altis. your pretty much buying the old car specs in a new and heavier body.

the lancer looks nice but the thing is baka hindi maghold ang resale value niyan dito sa pinas kasi may history... pero if you dont mind the resale value, neck and neck na sa civic. toss coin na lang if ever.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i would have to agree with tidus1203, i would eliminate the overpriced underspeced "new" toyota altis. i havent had the chance to test drive the new lancer yet but the civic 2.0S-L was a great drive for me. At first glance the lancer looks nice but i have a feeling im going to get sick of it after a while. While the civic has a really nice design na hindi nakakasawa for me, especially the pearl white 2.0S-L. In terms of specs mas sulit yun Lancer because of the airbags, projector headlights, RF system and nicer paddleshifters. But engine and transmission goes to the civic.

im 50/50 on the lancer and the civic... well until i test drive the lancer GTA haha

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
HELP!!! '08 Lancer 2.0, '08 Civic 2.0S, or '08 Altis 1.8V???