New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Hi again to all pogi and helpful tsikoteers, while browsing over the internet, i saw and like these 3 cars, since its my 1st time to buy a car i dont know which of them is a good buy.. i dont know if sentra is better than lancer and civic.. or vice versa.. so i really need your help guys, here are my choices bellow..

http://www.ayosdito.ph/NCR/1243593-9...16+MAGS+CD.htm?

http://www.ayosdito.ph/NCR/1243454-S...RTY+SILVER.htm?

http://www.ayosdito.ph/NCR/1243753-9...LL+KEPT+CD.htm?

thank you in advance, and God bless all tsikoteers..

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    based on looks, i'd pick the GTS due to it's stock look. Plus it's a manual and based on personal experience, M/T's are better (and cheaper) to maintain compared to A/Ts, in this case, the Pizza and the Civic.

if you're really into seriously considering buying a car, bring along an trusted and experienced mechanic with you and pay the cars visits. same person naman yung nagbebenta nung pizza and civic. isang puntahan lang un. then next visit ung GTS.

have the mechanic check the engine, tranny, suspension etc..
    check rin if flooded units to. mahirap na. the exterior looks can be deceiving especially if bagong hilamos or detailed ung mga cars.

have the mechanic assess how much yung perceived soon to come na gastos na papagawa. for me, no such thing as nothing to fix sa 2nd car puro nothing broken, yet...

then if may green light sa mechanic mo, test drive the unit/s if lahat sila pumasa. see if which one has the best feel for you.

then if ok na.. that's the time for you to decide to crack the piggy bank or not.

HTH somehow.

good luck!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Got they the 3 cars... GT-S B14 in paps, specs pa lng eh, and it's a limited production car. Just hate the wheels though, the stock ones even better than what was replaced.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    thanks po sa mga reply, sana may mga magpost pa ng opinions nila

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Generally you would not want to buy a used car with an automatic transmission that is over eight years old or have high mileage on it's odometer (or both).

It is because the chances of the tranny failing while you are driving it is much higher. Replacing an A/T tranny with a surplus unit or simply fixing the faulty original A/T is expensive.

A manual tranny will still fail due to wear & tear but fixing it is easier and cheaper.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    In my opinion lang, I would shy away from buy and sell car sellers. No prob kung yung 2 personal oto nya ang dispose nung isang seller.

Some shady buy and sellers usually make barat on cars that are not in good condition and then fixxes them up to give a better vallue for your money.

Di ba mas maganda bumili ng isang bagay na alam mo talaga ang condition?

Plus ingat pag 2nd hand matic ang bibilhin mo. Baka sa iyo matyempuhan ang improperly maintained matic transmission. Matic tranny last a longlong time if properly maintaind, pero pag hindi prepare 15-20k repair or surplus tranny.

Pero ulit... kung maayos talaga ang mga oto, sa civic ka, mas mataas ang resale value pag binenta mo. I bought a 97 lxi 4 years ago for 220p, pag benta ko last month 190p ko pa nabenta.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    the honda civic w/c costs Php220,000 is nice but try adding some more, and you could get a ford lynx. mostly, ford lynx are 230k and up. atleast get a second hand car with a M/T, cars with A/T are expensive to maintain.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    thank you po talaga sa inyong lahat.. grabe ang priority ko pa naman before is a/t.. nasave nyo po ako.. it really pays to ask questions and opinions before making a decision, thank you so much guys

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet26anne View Post
    thank you po talaga sa inyong lahat.. grabe ang priority ko pa naman before is a/t.. nasave nyo po ako.. it really pays to ask questions and opinions before making a decision, thank you so much guys
    If you still want a car with an automatic tranny, I suggest something with less "vintage" but for sure it is going to cost a bit more.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    2009 Registered with TPL insurance
    hehe

like you could register without surrendering to this gimik... tsk.. tsk..

anyway, the freshest looking for me would be the Sentra ALTHOUGH the grilles arent original, check kung nabunggo na ito before. Another, new timing belt? Bakit? I think hindi naman to pinapalitan kung used under normal conditions. My cousins B13's timing belt is already 17yo and still drives using its original timing belt.
    Yung Lancer hindi maganda yung tindig parang mataas yung likod. Isa pa, yung Civic at Lancer isa lang ang seller. Kung buy and sell yan, possible na may makuha ka pang ibang unit na mas mababa kesa sa selling price ng particular unit nya. I wont but those for more than 180k.

any of those.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
HELLPP AGAIN..!! which is best to buy? a nissan GTS, mitsubishi LANCER or HONDA CIVIC