New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I will need to get a pickup soon I need it for our Family business! which do you think best fit my needs ! It will be for city driving and also use for business use ! help me choose !!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    You got to be kidding me. Here we go again. Ahaha!

Pero kung business, Thunder nalang.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by slapz View Post
    You got to be kidding me. Here we go again. Ahaha!

Pero kung business, Thunder nalang.
    hahaha tuloy tuloy ang pickup comparison ah. mas ok blizzard, mas mura sa thunder e

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Ehehe! Kung pang business talaga, I'll buy yung k2700 ba yun? Double Cab and 4x4

5. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    may suggestion ako... pero wag na lang...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    ssangyong actyon sport para walang away. hehe

7. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by noel90 View Post
    I will need to get a pickup soon I need it for our Family business! which do you think best fit my needs ! It will be for city driving and also use for business use ! help me choose !!
    I'm not really a fan of Ford, but from what I heard, parts are expensive, interior space is not too abundant, and engine is not too fuel efficient, I couldn't really be certain and give direct comments since I haven't rode the new Ranger model yet.

Get a Navara if you really need space, if you hauling plenty stuff, among your choices, Navara has the most space. It's manual model also has a 6th gear which is useful for achieving higher speed if necessary. Power is adequate but not stellar given its big size. For some reason, I only see few of these on the road, I guess maybe its because it's priced a bit higher than competition. It might also not be very fuel efficient given its large body weight. This is the biggest horse among the bunch.

Get a Strada if you want the best ride comfort, it has suspensions leaning more on the softer side of the competition. On paper, it has one of the highest power output in the competition (VGT model). For me it also looks good, and physically stands out among other pick ups. You will see many of these on the road, I guess maybe because combining performance and ride comfort makes it fun to drive. This is a good choice if you would be using your ride more for everyday driving and personal use, than business or specialized use, this is the sportiest and urbanized horse among the bunch.

Get a Dmax if you want the most low maintenance among the choices. Its ride quality is more on the stiffer side, but is more capable of hauling heavy loads and less body roll. It also has decent performance but not stellar, even if the engine is the oldest in the competition which is a bit of a let down. It has a very high fuel efficiency, resilient to dirty fuels in Phils, and durable engine. Aside from changing oils, owners report no common issues despite long term heavy use. It also has a nice entertainment system. This is a good choice for more frequent business and rugged use, and more frequent long distance travels. This the most veteran and most workaholic horse among the bunch.

You might also consider the Hilux. Like the Dmax, its ride is a bit stiffer but can haul heavy loads. it also has a bigger trunk compared to Strada. There were reports of issue from the D4D engines in the past but I think this already fix in the later models. With fuel efficiency not as high as Dmax, but almost same as a Strada. It also has a very reliable engine, and given the edge of a Toyota brand, you're sure to have no problem finding cheap parts for repairs and lower PMS costs. This is somehow the more balance choice, mix of hauling capacity, macho looks, and power (VNT model) and business reliability, that's why most Binondo Chinese I know owns a Hilux. This is the most popular horse and flexible horse among the bunch.

You might want to check ek2jayvee's post here, its also very informative:
    http://tsikot.com/forums/car-compari...ml#post2021080

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Do you have the current prices ! mas ok ba mag manual or AT !

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Do you have the current prices ! mas ok ba mag manual or AT !
    Manual na lang.

Check mo top gear philippines website yung buyers guide sectionfor the prices.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Oh dear! Here we go again! No offense at the TS, but you may be amused if you take the time to read the other ongoing pickup comparison thread. It sprouted almost 20 pages in a matter of days!

Here goes. What's the business? What sort of stuff do you load? Will you be hauling stuff within city limits only? Which variant are you aiming for? 4x4 or 4x2, M/T or A/T? What do you look for in a pickup? You may want to list down your priorities.

For solely business use, the D-Max suffices. It is the most fuel efficient among the four, and has the widest torque band which makes it ideal for hauling or towing work. If you don't do off road, the 3.0 4x2 M/T LX variant would do great. Fuel efficiency, low maintenance cost, and lesser things to go wrong are important in a business vehicle.

The Navara has the longest bed and a better ride, but with the lowest ground clearance, the worst turning radius, and is rather lacking in low end grunt.

The Strada has the most spacious cabin, the best ride, and the tightest turning radius making it the most civilized of the four, but with the tradeoff of much smaller bed space.

Since the Ranger is just newly launched, there is little information about it as of now. But I would not recommend this for business considering the steeper asking price and the price of Ford parts as compared to its competitors. Also, we do not know yet if it has any hidden quirks.

Not considering the Toyota Hilux? It makes a pretty good compromise of pretty much everything.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Hello Need help to choose Navarra , Strada,Dmax,Ranger !!