New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    One thing I like about Mazda is that they have always released both hatch (technically, liftback versions except Mz2) and sedan versions of their compact cars since the 323 (and even as old as the Ford Lazer) days.

However, everything boils down to preference than appeal. For one, contrary to popular consensus, I never liked the Civic EG hatchback (mainly due to its insane resale value for a used car buyer like me) but I liked the EK3/EK9 looks (never liked the EK sedans kahit SiR body).

Generally, I liked the sedan looks better than their hatch counterparts, with few exceptions like the Mz2 and Fiesta.

IIRC, here in Tsikot there was a post which explains that why the hatchbacks are more expensive than the sedan is because they have better, stronger reinforcement especially in the rear pillars/door hatches.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Hatch back ako.. Feeling ko mas madami kang malalagay na gamit sa likod, specially kapag naka flat na ang 2nd row.. The only time I miss a sedan, kapag may karga ka na medyo maamoy (like fresh shrimp)...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12