New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Which among these mid-size, pick-up based SUVs has the best A/T? (Montero Sport, Fortuner, Everest or Alterra. This is without regard to the engine.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Have driven the Montero Sport GLS SE and Fortuner 2.5G (D4d) only so far. My vote is for the Fortuner. It feels lighter on its feet (the tranny) than the MS which feels heavy and dragging though the powerful engine makes up for it.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Monterosport, its the only one with the Manual mode shifter (+/-)... and Mitsubishi makes the most reliable AT transmissions....

Ford is the worst my friend had an 01 Expedition blown AT transmission ....
    Toyota is good/reliable but a soft and comfort-tuned AT...
    Isuzu.... slow....

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Among the 4 SUV's , Montero Sport is the only one with sports mode automatic transmission Invecs II (Adaptive Shift Control + / -)

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Montero Sport may have Shiftronic in its transmission, but the Everest uses a 5 speed automatic transmission. The only one in its class to do so! It is not right to compare the Everest's transmission to the Expedition's, they're manufactured in different places with different parts and designs. American Fords and Thai Fords are worlds apart.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    Monterosport, its the only one with the Manual mode shifter (+/-)... and Mitsubishi makes the most reliable AT transmissions....
    Matibay ba talaga A/T ng Mitsubishi?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    the everest has the 5 speed AT. gen2 owners complained of a truck-like tranny, but the newer versions have smoother shifts

the monty has the invecs 2

the fortuner (gas) shifts smoothly too. what I like about it is it's gated

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i dont wanna compare Mitsubishis of yore with the new Montero Sport's tranny. But the INVECS-II tranny of the MS, if it is very much related to the INVECS-II of the Lancer Pizza Pie would mean no good. I've known several failing Mitsu trannies, from the INVECS-II equipped Lancers to the more conventional Galant 7th and 8th gen matics(failing to shift e.i stucked to 2nd etc, skipping gear, starting at 3rd gear, delays in downshift/upshifts etc).

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Sali nyo na rin ang Santa fE 2010. The only transaxle with 6speed sa mga SUV na available sa atin. May 8 speed pa coming.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by godwhacker View Post
    Sali nyo na rin ang Santa fE 2010. The only transaxle with 6speed sa mga SUV na available sa atin. May 8 speed pa coming.
    the thread started with the comparison of transmissions of truck-based SUVs (Montero Sport, Fortuner, Everest, Alterra), and i believe it is proper to stick on the said SUVs.

Fortuner has smooth tranny, i can barely feel the shift of the gears even when i floor the pedal. i love the stick due to its size and shape, ang liit, sporty ang feeling pag hinahawakan, though 4-speed lang...

with the Atlerra, i have been driving a Dmax, which has the same engine and transmission, smooth din naman, and i believe it is perfectly mated to its engine for fuel efficiency... i do feel the shift of gears, pero comfortable pa rin... ang ayoko lang chunky yung stick...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Which has the best A/T: Montero Sport, Fortuner, Everest or Alterra?