New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Mga tsikoteers please help naman oh,,, were planning to buy a pick up and we have the choices, Dmax LS 4X4, Strada GLS Sport, Navara LE 4x4. And A/T po yung kukunin namin, saan po ba yung best bet dito? Yung lasap na Lasap mo yung pera mo ba... wala naman kme e kakarga doon, just a ride sa probinsya lang... and yung fuel effcient pa po pala, please help po...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If you wont need the bed of a pick-up then dont get one. Get a SUV. A montero sport to be exact. Tough looking, more comfortable ride than the fortuner.

But if you want a CUV / SUV that is verryyy comfy when it comes to the ride, the bounciness etc etc. Go get the SF, jusst perfect.

If you still insist in getting a pick-up then get the strada then join their club.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    If you wont need the bed of a pick-up then dont get one. Get a SUV. A montero sport to be exact. Tough looking, more comfortable ride than the fortuner.

But if you want a CUV / SUV that is verryyy comfy when it comes to the ride, the bounciness etc etc. Go get the SF, jusst perfect.

If you still insist in getting a pick-up then get the strada then join their club.
    why get an extra MS if the TS has Everest? I've been to Bacolod and I noticed that there more pick-ups than any other type of vehicles. So I guess, parang uso yata ang pick-up dun.

For me, I prefer the Navara, but I recommend the Strada for the TS. The latter has a car-like ride while the former is the top choice for payload. Ayaw ko lang sa bagong Strada ay yung body design. I will not give the reason because it's quite offensive to the Tsikot people who own one.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    mukhang navara yung may pinakamalaking bed. next ata is ranger (though wala sa choices). dmax is the oldest so i guess it's the most proven, afaik, pinakatipid din. kung utility lang, itong mga to ang best for me (in specified order).

pero kung pure driving pleasure, strada siguro.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dcorexyz View Post
    Mga tsikoteers please help naman oh,,, were planning to buy a pick up and we have the choices, Dmax LS 4X4, Strada GLS Sport, Navara LE 4x4. And A/T po yung kukunin namin, saan po ba yung best bet dito? Yung lasap na Lasap mo yung pera mo ba... wala naman kme e kakarga doon, just a ride sa probinsya lang... and yung fuel effcient pa po pala, please help po...
    I was on the same dilemma having a hard time choosing what pick up truck to get..The Strada was not an option for me because i wanted something different coz i already have its brother, the Montero Sport..At first i liked the D-MAX but i realized that the engine specs where not that convincing to me coz it has the lowest HP & Torque in its class. 4 days ago i went to check on the 09 facelifted 4X2 ranger and was impressed by the torque of its engine, i had my SA compute on the 4x2 variant i was about to get and he gave me a good deal so i was already set on getting the ranger.. When i got home my brother's friend went to our house using a 4X4 navara then that was the time he really convinced me to get the navara instead. He let me test drive his navara & compare to all the pick up trucks ive checked on..I was amazed by its power, strongest pick up in its class in terms of HP & torque.. Now i know what pick up truck to get na, My decision is firm on the navara coz i already paid for reservation so that there's no lookin back na
    I'll be havin the 4X4 LE Galaxy Black..

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    You can wait for the upcoming 2.5L Strada 175hp...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    hindi mo ba na-consider ang Trekker? kaya lang preferred ko pa rin ang predecessor ng most recent Trekker

but as you mentioned, you're not going to use much the bed of the truck. so I'm suggesting the Strada since it has a car-like ride.

Hard Time To Choose what truck...