New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Guys we just sold our kia sedona! ita has been with us for around 4yrs or so and it ran about 130k kms without any pain in the butt or in the pocket! my dad just sold it recently and now were planning to buy a new car! It has came down to just to choices, the new kia sedona long wheel base and tha santa fe!

which do you think is much better? what im lookin for is power, ride comfort and defenitly safety! oh yeah looks is a big factor for me, coz all of our cars never stay stock,so which ever is better or which ever we choose, iseset-up prin yun! you know the routin guys! bodykits, sounds and blings!

so here are the specs on paper!
    kia sedona long wheel base
    P 1,570,000
    Engine 2.9 DOHC 16V I4
    Maximum Output (bhp * rpm) 160 * 3700
    Maximum Torque (Nm * rpm) 352 * 2000
    Curb Weight (kg) 2097
    http://www.motioncars.com/carchart/h...a_carnival.htm

Hyundai santa fe 2.2 diesel 4x2
    Price P 1,528,000
    Engine 2.2 DOHC 16V I4
    Maximum Output (bhp * rpm) 150 * 4000
    Maximum Torque (Nm * rpm) 335 * 1800-2000
    Curb Weight (kg) 1819
    http://www.motioncars.com/carchart/h...ai_santafe.htm

Here the daily route that it will hve to dish out
    From cainta to intramuros and back around 11am-7pm! misan pahinga lang ng car is mga 1 or 2hrs

and the weekly route
    from cainta to bicol and back, balikan lagi yun tapos todo birit pa byahe lagi!

So which do you think is better than the two given the route it will have to take! i know the kia sedona can take it, how about the santa fe??
    Tnx guys i will base our choice according to you guys!
    TIA

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    guys?? need ur help on this one!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Double Double. Post Post. Sorry Sorry.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 2nd, 2008 at 08:09 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    In the Philippines, I'd take the Santa Fe. It's better built to take on bad roads and streets.

But here in the US with nice roads, I'd take the van. The Kia Sedona with the 244hp 3.8L V6 is actually quicker than the Santa Fe with the 242hp 3.3L V6.

One embarrassed me while I was driving the Contour. He He. And that was a mommy driver behind the wheel of the Sedona.

Add: I find a minivan much more practical than an SUV both in comfort and as a people-mover. If the routes to be traveled are all guaranteed to be in good condition, I'd go for the Sedona.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Kung ganun naman kalayo ang mga biyahe at palaging binabyahe, mag Kia Carnival nalang ulit kayo.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have no experience with the Santa Fe, but between our 2002 Sedona and 2006 Starex, I prefer taking the Sedona if I'm going on a long trip. It feels more stable on the road and easier to drive on those long stretches of highway.

Our Sedona also survived with flying colors the rehabiliation of the NLEX when we were traveling to Tarlac every weekend a few years ago.

Of course, if the road conditions going to Bicol are exceptionally bad (even by RP standards), then the Sta. Fe might be a more versatile choice.

Aren't you going to consider the 4x4 Sta. Fe?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    between the 2, ill take the santa fe...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've driven both... the Sedona's ride is a bit stiffer, while the Santa Fe is more supple. This is because the Sedona is built to take more passengers and cargo, and uses stiffer springs. Both have relatively good shock absorbers for Korean cars, so the ride isn't bouncy in either.

The Carnival has a ton more grunt due to the bigger engine. The Santa Fe should drink less gas in traffic. The Carnival is much more practical, but it's bigger and not as easy to maneuver in traffic, though both cars are pretty wide on the road. The Santa Fe has a touch more elegance and luxury, but the Carnival trumps it greatly in terms of space.

Unless you really need all seven seats, I'd take the Santa Fe. Cheaper on diesel, more upscale and classy looking. If you're looking for a minivan like your old Sedona... the new Carnival isn't it. It's a much bigger van. It's a great van, yeah, and it's easy to drive, but it might just be a bit too big for your needs.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    ise-set up pala eh... eh di Santa Fe na. Di ko trip sumakay sa set-up na van hehehe

audio and bling bling parang mas bagay sa Santa Fe.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Sir nicky alin po ba sa dalawa ang mas malakas hatak? santa fe po ba? kasi magaan sya kesa carnival ng mga 300kg eh 10hp lang naman difference nila!tnx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Guys help me choose between the new kia sedona and the hyundai santa fe