New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by silencer
    can anybody share experiences on gas savers currently in the market, like Khoas. I would like to install one in my car.
    you best bet to increase your fuel milage would be to buy a more fuel efficient car.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    The single most important determinant of fuel economy - much more than anything you can do to your car - is the driving style. Changing that alone, I was able to increase my mileage from 6-7km/L to around 9-10km/L. I dont think there's any device out there that can match that.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    correct driving style. it is built-in to every driver, only that most drivers never realize that they have it. of course, it goes hand in hand with the proper maintenance of the vehicle too.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    To save gas get a new air filter and ease up on the gas pedal. A new air filter can save you up to 8% in gas consump.

Changing your driving style can save you also 10% or more. A while back I tried to maximize my fuel savings by being gentle on the gas pedal and was able to get up to 1km more per liter.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    We have a sticky in Car Talk: Guide to Fuel Saving Gadgets

There are no known fuel savers that actually work. Take some time to look up the US EPA website. In their extensive testing, they have only found one fuel saver to work... and it does it by disconnecting the Air Conditioner pulley. In other words, to save gas, remove the aircon. (kind of useless in this country).

Also check out: Popular Mechanic's Test of Fuel Saving Gadgets (surprise, none of them work)

And: Tony's Guide to Fuel Saving Gadgets
    hehehe, oo nga noh..ayuus! ..so yung mga naunang Volks Beetle pala (like we had when I was a kid) matititpid?!?..wala naman aircon yun di ba?!..haha..blower lang..pero astiiiig parin!..

Silencer: regarding to fuel gadgets,..additional gastos lang yang..marami ka ng mapapagawa (on future maintenance..save it or leave it, it's up to you parin) or even can add up to accessorize your ride.

About saving gas, I agree that if anyone like me who can sacrifice w/o switching on or using the aircon, can see or experience some fuel savings like on our vehicles (like my 7g galantSS), nakakatulong naman saken, yan nga ang karamihang suggestion ng marami (pero dahil polluted tayo, wala tayong magagawa but to use aircon)..well of course together w/ the BASICS like frequent oil changes, cleaning the air filter, changing the plugs, correct inflated tires,..and of course, better driving habits parin,..refrain from hataws etc. etc. can be helpful and contributive,..well just my opinion lang po!

Very informative link brader!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    EDIT: By the way, bro, we have ghosthunter to thank for the sticky... long live the ghost! :lol:

Also, using the lowest weight oil that your car can take (synth or mineral, doesn't matter)... On my last oil change, I switched from 15w40 synth back to 10w40 mineral... the difference in consumption and "hatak" is dramatic! *sigh*, if only Shell would sell 5w or 10w synthetic here... Shell oils are the only ones my casa recognizes.

It's things like this that make me regret my 100k warranty. But I'm still happy with it, overall.
    Last edited by niky; February 7th, 2006 at 03:44 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

how about car vertox? does this work? just saw it on tv ads.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by city
    how about car vertox? does this work? just saw it on tv ads.

er... vertox? ... or would be "vortex" ?? if its vortex, it doesn't work. It can even restrict some performance from bigger engines at higher RPM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    gas saver...

like in a pic posted, a block of wood under the gas pedal. you won't be able to floor it kasi, so you won't burn that much gas. ;)

pero seriously, avoid them like the plague. or STDs. better off ka with just a change in driving style, and then proper tuneup and maintainance.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    The LRT/MRT is a gas saver. It works.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Guide to Fuel Saving Gadgets