New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Kaya nga laging Strada vs Navara in the comparos...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakero703 View Post
    You make it sound as if nilaglag ko lahat ng pickup truck na hindi Hilux. I simply state my reasons why the Strada was not my choice. Sa totoo lang ang Hilux and Strada was the top consideration when we where choosing which pickup to buy. I don’t necessarily dislike the truck.
    I was referring to City (Metro Manila driving). I’m not calling you(specifically) a liar, sir punta po kayo sa ibang thread claim ng karamihan pickup drivers 9 or even 10, city driving. Those are factory claims, in metro Manila or Cebu, Davao, Dagupan, Baguio Driving I don’t think so, lam natin lahat factory claim is a lie. Im not just talking about Strada sa statement na iyan. Cguro kung yung mga 2.0 to 2.5 variants ng trucks at hindi nagai-aircon possible pa ang 9 to 10 city, even then its quite a feat for a truck lalo na kung may karga and passengers. Other wise 8 at best lang kaya ng mga pickups sa city like Metro Manila.

Im in no interest of implying what you said sir...but if thats how you see it then I'm sorry about it...

but still, the figures from my experience is accurate and I've done almost all the methods of measuring the FC that I'am capable of doing just like most of the people do... and still it all ends to one result...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Pick-ups are built in mind by the manufacturers to be a work horse with a stiff suspension to be able to carry heavyloads. In most countries that see plenty of off-roading like Australia, Middle East, Africa, TOYOTA 4WD's are on top of the list. This countries use and abuse these 4wd's no matter what brand they are. But its a different story here in the Philippines since most of our roads are paved and these 4x4's are used the "wrong" way. They are bought and used as status symbols and pang porma and not workhorse, hence, most complain about their stiff ride coz most people expect them to ride like sedans. Heck, I bet that most new owners of this pick ups don't even know how to use properly the "4L", "4H" of their rigs. These pick ups should then be compared also in their "off-road" capabilities and not only in their "on-road" capabilities as well as a 5-year durability and reliability test. Only then can you really make a good answer. 4x4 enthusiasts like me will surely know the answer....

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    Just saw this at another forum... according to the posts the owner is in a coma after enduring serious trauma to the head... Keep safe! And wear your seatbelts...
    Meron talagang mga tao katulad mo that will make 5hit up, cause you cant take other peoples opinion. Kaya nga tinawag na car comparison para marinig mga different opinion. Pero cguro gusto mo ass kissing lang with your buddies and tell each other how nice everything is while sipping your cup of Joe. Car club ng mga fags?

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Reviews of foreign publications? You mean like this?
    http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...rticleID=38059

Basically... in every review where it's pitted against the Hilux/Ranger/et al, the Triton comes out on top...

It has the best crash safety of any pickup on the market today... the 2.5 variant has more power than the Hilux 2.5... the back seat is the biggest there is (only the Navara has a similar back seat) and it's one of the most car-like (only the Navara is more stable in terms of driving dynamics). The ride is much better than the Ranger and Hilux, which are very bouncy with an unladen bed.

Not that I'm a Strada fan... the 3.2, IMHO, is disappointing in comparison to the Toyota and Ford 3.0s, and I like the way the Ranger and Navara drive better... but by most metrics, the Strada is one of the two best trucks on the market right now (the other is the Navara).
    Reputation as a car company, resale value, reliability, fuel economy, etc. The truth is in any line-up, mas mataas ang resale value ng Toyota cars compared to Mitsubishi. Hindi naman cguro myth eto and did not happen overnight. Years ago neck and neck ang reputation ng Mitsubishi with Toyota in build quality but somehow in the international market naiwan na ng Honda at Toyota and Nissan ang dating formidable Mitsubishi.

The article you sighted list the Triton at $45,000 and the Hilux at $50,200 That’s a bigger price difference ditto sa Pinas if you convert it to PHP, plus mas malaki tinatabas ata ng dealers ditto sa sticker price with Toyota, we got ours for 1mil 390k while it was listed 1.45m, so 55k discount from list price. Plus redesigned ang suspension at engine ng Hilux for 2010 amongst other things so we don’t know kung how they would compare now, your article is based on 2007 models, though same generation, but like I said redesigned ang Hilux. Kung noon neck and neck ewan ko nalang ngayon.

Punta ka sa ANCAP mas mataas rating ng Hilux sa Triton , pero fraction lang. Pero both 4 stars. Biased lang ang nagsasabi na hindi safe ang Hilux, pure opinion. I would rather be in the Hilux than in my 2005 civic kung magbangaan, I don’t care kung 5 stars ang award ng Civic.

Manood ka ng CNN, kung mga arabong Terrorist ang pinaguusapan lagging may Toyota Hilux na 20 years old with 20 gentlemen on the back holding up their AK’s.

Hilux is a tough mother, hindi mo kailangan mahalin it will serve you for a life time. Hilux in other countries is dubbed the “Unbreakable”.

Pero gets ko okay. I like the Strada, kung ayun ang nabili namin hindi ako magpapakamatay, I will be happy as well. Pero since masmadami ata Strada boys ditto sa mga forums I’ll go ahead and play the advocate for Hilux, para equal ang playing field.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Just saw this at another forum... according to the posts the owner is in a coma after enduring serious trauma to the head... Keep safe! And wear your seatbelts...
    did it roll-over ?

looks like it did basing from the roof ...

probably the owner's head was crushed because of the roll over for it seems that the door wasn't crushed that much.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    Im in no interest of implying what you said sir...but if thats how you see it then I'm sorry about it...

but still, the figures from my experience is accurate and I've done almost all the methods of measuring the FC that I'am capable of doing just like most of the people do... and still it all ends to one result...
    well I dont know maybe masama lang talaga akong driver for FC. For example I also drive a 2005 civic tanongin ko ibang owner sabi nila city driving daw nila 9 pero ako 7 to 7.5 lang. but then..hindi sa pagmamayabang ha, lagi nakatodo aircon and I dont bother to turn it off. Pero hindi nman din ako nag tatail gate at, I let the car cruise kung alam ko hihinto din ang trafic sa harap ko. and most of the time when I accelerate from a stop hindi ko nman pinapalagpas sa 3k rpm...well saaking lang feeling ko exageration lang yun 9 for a Civic. Just an example Po.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Ooh sorry I thought you were talking about me rolling over, cause you have my post quoted and I own a Hilux. my bad.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    The Navarra is a good option since in the US it is rated as one of the safest cars over there with "Stability Control/Traction Control, 6 airbags, Strong Safety Structure and Anti-rollover sensors." (**www.nissanusa.com) even though some of those features are not available here the Safety Structure is the same...

Bakero703- not meaning to offend you, I don't have any against the hilux just sharing safety warnings hehe....

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakero703 View Post
    well I dont know maybe masama lang talaga akong driver for FC. For example I also drive a 2005 civic tanongin ko ibang owner sabi nila city driving daw nila 9 pero ako 7 to 7.5 lang. but then..hindi sa pagmamayabang ha, lagi nakatodo aircon and I dont bother to turn it off. Pero hindi nman din ako nag tatail gate at, I let the car cruise kung alam ko hihinto din ang trafic sa harap ko. and most of the time when I accelerate from a stop hindi ko nman pinapalagpas sa 3k rpm...well saaking lang feeling ko exageration lang yun 9 for a Civic. Just an example Po.

Yup...definitely, because the driving style is a major factor on what the FC will be.... like for example when I've done the 12kms/liter figure I didn't even exceed the speed of 90kph and I think the RPM was only around 2.3k to 2.4k on the highway...

I've done that until my gauge reached 1/4 and Im telling you it was the most boring 2 days of my entire driving life.... and I did it just to prove that my truck can reach 12kms/liter....:bwahaha:

for your civic...

I think you might want to elaborate more on a different thread if possible...like perhaps posting more details like what variant it is (1.6 or 2.0), what transmission and what fuel do you use...because this are also factors that can affect the fuel economy...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    passenger space is important to my family. and my knees say the hilux has the better passenger space in the second row. hey! the front row ain't bad, either.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 21st, 2010 at 12:32 AM.

Great comparison: New hilux,Nissan Navara,Ford Ranger,L200,Dmax!!