The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Good Day to all
    what would you recommend in terms of...
    1. Fuel economy
    2. out of town trips
    3. interior space
    4. panghatid-sundo sa bata sa school so driver ang gagamit at least 4x a week (weekends lang ako)
    5. value for money since grandis has a price slash of around 250k (1.258m na lang price nya)

Thanks and more power to tsikot.com

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    KIA Carnival - not so common, comfortable ride, powerful CRDI turbo engine. good to topnotch crash ratings from Europe and USA.

innova - get the gas(VVT-i) if you want to have an almost nil-chance of having a defective unit. and if you wanna be common..RWD [size=1]a[/size]UV...MPV daw. 6 seater for the V, all others are 7. J, E, G have MT option. V only a traditional matic.

grandis - over a million. 1.3M with 100T discount sa mitsu dealer... way better than the innova, but seat only 7, just like having a slightly bigger galant wagon. if driven likely, 2.4L is as trifty as the innovas 2.0 vvti. REAL FWD MPV to....HID at door visor nalang halos kulang mo dito,e. downside lang, medyo mababa ang ground clearance nito kasi car-based, unlike sa innova na truck-based. and since car-based, expect a more car like ride than the 2. plus may manual mode ang matic. wala lang real-manual tranny

carnival-- eto pampamilya, way wider then the 2, at mid-size MPV to. my tip - if you opt for LX, get the manual tranny. kung matic, best na ang EX..pero 1.5M na halos yun. big plus ang CRDi.. but 2.9L yun, dont expect na kasing tipid yan ng sportage. expect na 8-9km/l of diesel.. but kung puno, at long drive, mas more fuel malalagay mo than the 2 na ganun din ang konsumo, mas maliit pa.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Carnival is the better choice, especially since its the newest among the 3 with the most powerful diesel which means great performance and fuel economy aside from the rather high class feel. Grandis is good but it's getting old and is quite expensive for what you get aside from not having a diesel option. Innova is too commonplace nowadays, almost like the "staple MPV". But it's great qualities are proven by its tremendous sales. But its not advisable to get one now since, I think, it will get a facelift soon along with the other IMV models.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Carnival is the most modern of the three... but the Grandis is the most comfortable, suspension-wise, with the Carnival and Innova tied for second... the Carnival is the roomiest, while the Innova is available at the lowest price with an in-dealership LPG conversion with warranty possible... very good deal.

The Innova should be most economical, with the Grandis the least... the Carnival somewhere in-between, depending on traffic and the quality of diesel in your area, it could be as good/better than the Innova or close to the Grandis.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Carnival
    + interior room, engine
    - 2000+kg weight, price, looks

Grandis
    + exterior/interior looks
    - gas engine, interior space, availability of parts since there are only a few on the road

Innova
    + availability of parts, price(minivan for the masses), optional gas/diesel engine
    - diesel engine

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Battle of the MPVs....let me see...car for family use.

Innova is too commonplace nowadays, almost like the "staple MPV".
    Very much agree on this....But the affordability of the J variant makes this possible.
    Perhaps you are considering the full-spec G given your other vehicle choices of a million peso tag. Actually not a bad vehicle in terms of space, fuel economy, and versatile enough to do family duties albeit without too much fanfare.

I believe the Grandis is the one that offers a "high class feel"...precisely because ito ang pantapat ng Mitsubishi sa Toyota Previa for 500 thousand less.
    But one may wonder why its sales are relatively limp despite its on-board amenities.

The answer is...
    The Innova should be most economical, with the Grandis the least
    Fuel consumption... just like its sibling the Fuzion which is actually the one that is positioned as the Innova competitor.

The Carnival is relatively huge...and should be the one considered if space is a premium.

-----
    The fact that there are more Carnivals, the most recent to arrived in our shores, running around town in our place and the big discounts Mitsubishi is offering speak volumes how the Grandis has sunk so low in the consideration of the buying public.

One perspective is...with the price you can basically get a pair of Innova J.

If one is fixated with the Previa.. the Grandis may very well be considered a poor man's alternative...which is what I actually think of it.

For its class, the Carnival is as close as we get to an American-sized mobile without the Yankee badge.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Thanks a lot for all your replies...
    I would like to add the grand starex with the old engine...
    What can you say about this unit?

grandis vs innova vs carnival