New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    share ko lang guys, naka pag test drive ako ng montero, wala ako masabi ok siya. ang na experience ko sa sandali kong pag drive ng montero 4x2 2.5 ay ok naman yung diesel engine, hindi sya ma vibrate unlike the new eve which I've tested. And the noise is ok din, parang same sila ng fortuner (2009 model) which I've rode it. Ang riding comfort maganda rin kaht sa 3rd row, pero hindi ko naisubok sa pangit na daan kaya ndi ko rin masasabi kung ok talaga ang driving comfort. Yung power ng engine ok, no need for a high RPM to accelerate.

All in all maganda ang monty 2.5 4x2. And here's my problem ... I am choosing between monty and grand vitara ... I know you can't compare this two car, and sa akin lang is gagatos ako ng extra 140,000 pag monty ang kukunin ko. wala ako masyado preference kung ano ang habol ko ang sa akin lang ay basta hindi sedan ok na, 5 seat vs 7 seat ok lang sa akin not that important dahil most of the time 2 to 4 lang ang sasakay, kung ground clearance ang pag uusapan ok na rin sa akin ground clearance ng vitara. Cargo? siguro may times lang na kelangan ako mag karga ng marami rami but that's very seldom around 4 to 5 times a year. naguguluhan ako kasi sayang ang 140,000 hehe.

kung mag vitara ako dahil made in japan sya, mas maganda interior as in ganda talaga, dahil bago ang engine maganda FC, REAR wheel drive siya, may MID (multi info display), well yung extra gas expense babawiin nalang sa 140,000 if ever yun ang napili ko.

kung mag monty ako dahil, mas HOT sya, sa tingin ako mas ok ang re sale value nito, may USB and audio in.

sa tingin ko sa tibay ng front and rear suspension pareho sila matibay. sa maintenance halos pareho ang gastos.

anu po ang masasabi nyo? baka meron ako mali or hindi nalalaman

thanks

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    My vote goes to the MS but choose where your heart is.

Personally, the size, powerplant,and the specifications is well worth the 140,000 difference.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    My vote goes to the Monty for this one

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post

Personally, the size, powerplant,and the specifications is well worth the 140,000 difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzipino View Post
    My vote goes to the Monty for this one
    sir my vote will also be the monty...thats the whole package for what you pay for...sir gerbo is right...its worth it man!...specially you don't have any monetary concerns...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Sorry double post

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post

sir gerbo, I think both got plenty of power, and which specifications are you referring?

anu kaya ang nakikita nyo sa monty na hindi ko nakikita

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    The MS is the more sensible choice here, I'd take the Subaru Forester over the Grand Vitara any day.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kurdt View Post
    sir gerbo, I think both got plenty of power, and which specifications are you referring?

anu kaya ang nakikita nyo sa monty na hindi ko nakikita
    Just want to share this with you. Try to read the responses at the bottom page.

By specifications I mean...the overall package. A doctor colleague drives a V6 GV
    while another rolls in an MS. Its more desirable to own the latter. Preferred a diesel-fed SUV. I will probably consider a CRV over the GV if both are compared.

HTH.
    Last edited by Gerbo; August 16th, 2009 at 01:23 AM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Montero.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    if you really want a diesel, then go for the montero. otherwise, then it would depend on your needs and what you really want.

given your requirements, baka mas bagay yung vitara. you don't need the space for 7 anyway as you've said. not sure about FC but usually naman the bigger the car, mas malakas sa gas (so lamang vitara). save mo na lang yung 140k for pm and petrol. mas madali pang mag-drive around with the vitara kasi mas agile siya lalabas and easier to weave in traffic. vitara is also based on a truck so matibay naman for sure and no problems din with baha. baka lang mas mura pm ni montero kasi thailand na galing (vs japan) pero bawi naman yun sa initial cost.

all your factors considered, more or less even lang lumalabas (except for procurement cost). test drive both and decide from there. you like both anyway and excellent products naman pareho so it's really just a matter of preference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
grand vitara 2.4 4x2 or montero sport 2.5 4x2