New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    salamat ulit sa mga kasagutan nyo. actually kabebenta lang ng S15 na daily driven ko din so pinapahanap lang ako ng parents ko na kahit 2nd hand lang daw para may matira pa sa pera. no problem sa akin ang lowered kasi nasanay na din ako negative drop kasi dati yun sa S15 na minamaneho ko. And wala ng ibang sasakay sa sasakyan kungdi ako lang

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I'm fair with the 1.6 Mazda. Driven one and you'll love the way it moves :naughty2:

Plus, mukhang okay naman yun mods eh.

Unichip, headers, intake gets a plus mark on my book. Actually, mahal yun unichip na yan so you're better off getting the mods if you're going to mod it in the future. It only gets minus points on the faux carbon fiber look... para saan yun look eh hindi naman gumaan yun hood? In either case, it's a looker... but a faker (fake 2.0) If you're not a person who minds being called rice every now and then, looks good to me.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Since you're a student pa, plus a newbie driver, it would be wise to stay away from used cars with modifications. Better keep it stock in other words.

I would suggest a cleaner yet stock car tapos ipon ipon pa so you can modify it the way you want it in the future. For now, it would be safer for a newbie driver (or a young driver) to go with stock.

What's your budget?? I'll suggest cars with ads that are stock that can be modificable in the future:
    Honda Civic ES - 2005 Honda Civic VTIs
    Honda Civic FD - 2006 Honda Civic S
    Honda Civic EK - 1998 Honda Civic VTi
    Toyota Corolla Altis ZZ - 2003 Toyota Corolla Altis E
    Toyota Corolla Love Life - 1998 Toyota Corolla GLi
    Mitsubishi Lancer Pizza - 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer
    Mitsubishi Lancer Pizza - 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer GL
    Nissan Sentra N13 - 2006 Nissan Sentra GSX
    Nissan Sentra B14 - 1999 Nissan Sentra EX Saloon
    Mazda 3 - 2005 Mazda 3 1.6L

Good luck!!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    ^
    Seeing he used to drive a S15 in the past, I don't think he's the type of person who prefers stock

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    For that price, you could buy a cherry SiR instead of an EF hatch. Both have dubious reputations when it comes to body rust, but an SiR at that price would be in good condition.

I assume you want something punchy, considering you're used to the power of a 2.0. A 1.6 Mazda3 with those mods won't be excruciatingly slow, but it won't be anywhere near as quick as what you're used to.

If you want a quickish car with some luxury, the Lynx RS is well within your budget. It's heavier than an SiR, so it won't feel as quick from a stop, but it has more torque and it can keep up with it on the highway, because it's more aerodynamic.

Buy a stock one... Once you start modifying, fuel economy goes down the drain... Well, it's not any different from the B16, actually... Both can get as low as 5 km/l in traffic. With cams, both can dip into the 4s...

Just within your range would be an early 1.5 liter manual transmission Jazz. Terrific fuel economy, zippy in traffic because it's so light, and fantastic to drive. Also has a lot of useable cargo and passenger space, perfect for a student driver.

Also, it's going to be easier to maintain than anything else on this list.
    Last edited by niky; May 23rd, 2011 at 11:25 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    ^
    Seeing he used to drive a S15 in the past, I don't think he's the type of person who prefers stock
    And a corolla. Haha.

Anyways, no, that EG hatch is not a good buy. The Mazda 3 is more like it. Or even a Civic SiR perhaps. Look for something that has a B18c on, or even a highly modded B16a assuming that you're already aware on the gas prices, mods, problems etc. you might face with a highly modded vehicle since you already came from an S15.

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    *myk384
    ako ay graduating student na din sa isang university. ang budget is upto 400k sagad na yun. salamat sa mga suggestion

*jhnkvn
    about sa mazda 3 madali lang patanggal ung cf sticker na nakalagay and you're right unichip pa lang mahal na mga nasa 30k plus yung hotpipes mahal din. okay lang na tawagin na rice basta kung ano ang pasok sa paningin ko ayos na. nagsimula din ako nagbutingting ng sasakyan namin nuon na pinangtataxi pa Nissan Sentra LEC kaso nabenta na din matagal na. ang maganda duon sobrang lamig ng aircon

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    *renzo_d10
    kamusta naman kaya fuel consumption ng SiR?

nakausap ko na may ari ng mazda 3 he's a medical doctor and rare nya lang daw gamitin ang sasakyan. mukhang alanganin nga ung sa eg hatch

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    For that price, you could buy a cherry SiR instead of an EF hatch. Both have dubious reputations when it comes to body rust, but an SiR at that price would be in good condition.

I assume you want something punchy, considering you're used to the power of a 2.0. A 1.6 Mazda3 with those mods won't be excruciatingly slow, but it won't be anywhere near as quick as what you're used to.

If you want a quickish car with some luxury, the Lynx RS is well within your budget. It's heavier than an SiR, so it won't feel as quick from a stop, but it has more torque and it can keep up with it on the highway, because it's more aerodynamic.

Buy a stock one... Once you start modifying, fuel economy goes down the drain... Well, it's not any different from the B16, actually... Both can get as low as 5 km/l in traffic. With cams, both can dip into the 4s...

Just within your range would be an early 1.5 liter manual transmission Jazz. Terrific fuel economy, zippy in traffic because it's so light, and fantastic to drive. Also has a lot of useable cargo and passenger space, perfect for a student driver.

Also, it's going to be easier to maintain than anything else on this list.
    thanks sa reply. mababa na nga resale value ngayon ng Lynx RS according to my research. okay din ang jazz ang hindi ko lang nagustuhan sa kanya is parang nabitin yung harap nya.

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    for your budget i'd go for an RS or and SiR. given the Mazda 3, well it's a good buy.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
good buy na ba ito?