New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: If you had 5,00,000-6,00,000 bucks I would...

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • go for a new car

5 71.43%
  • customize a classic car

2 28.57%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    What if you had 5,00,000-6,00,000 bucks to spend? Would you rather go for a new car or get an old classic car and customize it? There are some things I just HATE about modern cars (mid segment cars at least).

1. The body is weak as hell. A bike collision can dent most modern cars pretty badly.

2. Realistically, no modern car (for that price range) can last more than 3 years.

3. The luxury components (ex: A/C, seats) are VERY sub standard.

4. McPherson suspension system sucks. It just saves the manufacturer costs and doesn't benefit the consumer in any way.

5. The leg room even in the Ford Fiesta/ Ikon is very poor (for South Asian standards at least).

6. Most modern cars can't take town/ village roads. The ride is just horrible.

I honestly feel that most "mid segment" cars are just over-marketed gimmicks rather than a comfort adding utility. Anyone else feel this way out there???

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by arif_moin
    What if you had 5,00,000-6,00,000 bucks to spend? Would you rather go for a new car or get an old classic car and customize it?
    sir...5-6 million o 500k-600k?

depends sa gamit.kung everyday car, malamang new car.

classic cars are for those who will have it as their 3rd...4th or even 5th car na.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    classic cars are for those who will have it as their 3rd...4th or even 5th car na.
    I don't mean something super exotic like a 1930s Ford. Maybe an old 80s muscle car? I dunno the situation in your area but out here, many guys with some money out here are turning back from the Fords and the Hyundais to the good ol' Ambassidor/ Standard and refitting it. It's a slow trend but it's thankfully starting off!!!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    new car. i'm not a mr. fix it person.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Can we clarify what currency you're talking in? If it's Indian rupees, it's almost a 1:1 comparison with Philippine pesos, but if it's Pakistani rupees or Nepalese, we're lost... please clarify.

As for me, whatever rocks your boat. Classic cars are nice if you can get a body in good condition, but the amount of gas you use in traffic on those old carburators often means that they're relegated to weekend use only.

And no, there's nothing wrong with McPherson struts... it's all in how the suspension is tuned.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dude, you need to get the decimals and commas straight, nobody seems to understand your post hehe.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Given the choice to of having to customize a classic ford GT or buying the new ford GT e dun na ako sa bago tapos cocustomize ko sya, pwede ba yun?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have no clue how you can say 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 are true for all 'mid segment' (do you mean midsize? or midpriced?) cars. i can agree with #5 if you're taller than 6'2"

Daily driver - Brand New definitely
    Weekend/chick car - Customized classic

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'll go with the brand new one. use it for around 3-5 years, dispose it and get a new one. that simple.

i agree with the post of restoration is good for something who has bread to spare and the car is around the 3rd or 4th car na. tapos super classic like a mustang muscle car or a 60's porsche. kung 80's, the cars i could think about are yung mga 80's na Bimmers or the MBs or Corvettes. kung mga lancer and corollas lang naman eh forget it.

otherwise, if it is of daily use, i'd spend the bread on getting a new one as i've mentioned above.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Go for a new car or customize a classic car