New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Sa panahon ngayon ano ang mas better buy for fuel efficiency, performance etc.? Balak kasi namin itrade in yun 1996 Sonata GL/GLS (not sure which) and Getz ang preferred car namin. Let say I travel from Pasig to Makati everyday

GETz 1.4 GL MT - 2006 518,000

GETz 1.5 CRDi VGT GL MT - 2006 628,000

>> February pa yun prices na ito, meron ba kayong updated price list?

masmaganda ung crdi.....pagpalagay natin, magkasing tipid sila, it boils down sa price of fuel....obviously, diesel masmura....

maganda pa hatak nung diesel, di mo masyado mamimiss ang hatak ng sonata mo...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Di ba may 30k discount yung Getz CRDI?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've always had diesel vehicles. If the price premium of the gas vs diesel variant is not an issue for you, get the diesel. The diesel also has the most standard features in the line up (same as 1.4?)

The gas variant is not that bad either.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    getz diesel, parang kang nag-drive ng honda civic (previous models) sa responsiveness hehehe

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Get the crdi bro!
    mura na diesel tas matulin pa!

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    get the CRDi. Mas ok eto. You wont regret it. Sa Gas variant ok lang din.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    kio rio nalang
    530k lang

the price differential of the diesel is more than 100k.

assuming you drive 50km/day.

10km/L on the gasoline model, 15km/L on the diesel. so that's 5L/day on the gasoline, and 3.33L/day on the diesel. at 45pesos/L gas that's 225/day. at 38pesos/L diesel that's 126/day. You save roughly 100 pesos per day. to make up the cost differential you'd have to drive >3 years.

i guess ok na rin. pero mas mahal din maintenance ng diesel. lalo na yan it's a variable-geometry turbo.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    kasing luwag ba ng jazz/city ang interior ng getz?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    pero mas mahal din maintenance ng diesel. lalo na yan it's a variable-geometry turbo.
    This part is still debatable. Having to keep tabs of running costs between the gas and diesel rigs around here, they're pretty much even-steven. The diesels do have bigger filters and larger fluid capacities but they also don't have spark plugs and other ignition related maintenance items.

VGT has the same maintenance schedule as a fixed-geometry turbo. Though repairing a damaged VGT unit is potentially more expensive, turbo failures are rare.

Btw, unit prices are still the same on my July pricelist. Baka hindi pa naman nagtataas. Don't forget the discount. Or you can use it to get alloy wheels or free AV package (DVD) at no extra cost.
    Last edited by OTEP; August 29th, 2006 at 11:20 AM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
GETz 1.4 GL MT - 2006 vs GETz 1.5 CRDi VGT GL MT