New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by margaux
    From what I think, semi automatic is available only in tate... well, not unless you live there or if there are vehicle avail here in phil.
    many new vehicles here in the Phil have a semi-automatic tranny...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    many new vehicles here in the Phil have a semi-automatic tranny...
    Oh, ok... sorry, coz I didn't know about that. Pardon my ignorance...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Mazda 3 2.0R
    Mazda 3 HB
    Jazz VTEC
    Focus 2.0 HB

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing
    Ano yung semi automatic?
    ano nga ba semi-automatic? clutchless manual, tiptronic type, or both? sorry, first time ko rin makita term na yan eh.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Meron wikipedia entry ang semi-automatic transmission... as in walang "D", kambyo ka pa rin wala lang clutch. Europe daw nag start. F1 yata is considered semi-auto kasi clutchless pero walang "D".

Pero ngayon road cars halos lahat automatic na, may usual "D", with mga Tiptronic, INVECS Sport Mode, or whatever else they call it.

Sorry OT...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    semi auto? yung may manual over ride ba?

auto tranny talaga siya but you can choose when to shift gears pag naka manual mode, walang clutch, parang paddle shifters kaso nasa gearshift +/- lang

between the focus and 3 2R

mas malakas hatak ng 3 2R for me but mas solid sounding doors ng focus therefore NVH levels niya better than the mazda

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    BTW you cant properly use the manual mode of the focus...why? because the gear display is so small and LCD pa! hard to see during the day kung what gear kana, more dangerous too since you'll be spending more time looking at the dash instead of keeping you eyes on the road...yung lang naman but the focus is a great car, nice handling good accelaration, bumps and potholes are very well muffled

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ya, I agree... the manumatic mode of the Focus isn't all that great.

If I'm choosing based on the transmission only:

1. Honda City/Jazz 1.3 or 1.5 CVT (Jazz 1.5 CVT most desirable, City 1.5 CVT most bang for the buck)

2. Mitsubishi Lancer MX 1.8 Limited (reasonably quick for a mere 1.8)

3. Mazda3 (1.6 model lacks oompf, even if manu-matic'd)

4. Ford Focus (you find yourself fighting with the box a lot if you're not used to it... never does want to shift when you do!).

Of course, if we're not talking trannies, I'd pick the Mazda and the Focus over the Lancer.

BTW, di sila semi-auto... manumatics tawag. :lol:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

semi-automatic=sportsmatic, tiptronic, automatic with manual override?...cool.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I'd go with the Focus hatch. Dunno why, but I feel that the Focus is the new Mazda 3.

The Mazda3 was one of the coolest cars of 2004 but seems to be eclipsed by the new Focus.

Either way, they should be both good naman although the new Civic is just around the corner..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Getting a new car w/ Semi-automatic transmission.