New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    to suv enthusiasts: didn't find if there was any bet these 2 before.

what are the pros and cons. particularly fuel consumptions and

riding comfort. considering they're in the same price range. TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Riding comfort hands down sa Pajero. All independent coil spring supsension, monocoque body, low center of gravity. Rides and drives like a car. Some people can't even stand the ride of a stock Patrol (baka maarte lang, hehehe).

Pajero makes 165bhp coupled to a 5 speed A/T with Sportronic, the Patrol is not far behind with around 150bhp mated to a conventional 4 speed A/T. For refinement, the Pajero has a small edge over the coarser ZD30.

No idea about fuel consumption.

Pajero also has a more idiot-proof 4wd system with fulltime mode and traction control assistance (M-ASTC). The Patrol has a more basic system but is still shift on the fly.

My vote: Nissan Patrol GU A/T.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Riding comfort hands down sa Pajero. All independent coil spring supsension, monocoque body, low center of gravity. Rides and drives like a car. Some people can't even stand the ride of a stock Patrol (baka maarte lang, hehehe).

Pajero makes 165bhp coupled to a 5 speed A/T with Sportronic, the Patrol is not far behind with around 150bhp mated to a conventional 4 speed A/T. For refinement, the Pajero has a small edge over the coarser ZD30.

No idea about fuel consumption.

Pajero also has a more idiot-proof 4wd system with fulltime mode and traction control assistance (M-ASTC). The Patrol has a more basic system but is still shift on the fly.

My vote: Nissan Patrol GU A/T.
    Hahaha! Ok ka sa review, Otep. Nagulat lang ako sa end vote

*xto, if it's for more on-road purposes, as you mentioned riding comfort and fuel consumption, i'd take the pajero. but if you've got more "serious business" in mind, this patrol should be easier to mod, and perhaps more capable offroad.
    Last edited by IMm29; September 15th, 2006 at 12:05 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Gen 3 Pajero for me. More power, looks better (IMO), rides and drives better.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    PAjero for me....

may issue ang turbo ng mga patrol eh...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Pajero din... more because of the ride comfort... Lahat ng Patrol owners na kamag anak ko sinumpa yung ride comfort ng Patrol nila e....

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    pajero, fun to drive. di bitin sa power, 8 km/liter city driving. 2.488 million na lang with HID pa.

bias no?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Hahaha! Ok ka sa review, Otep. Nagulat lang ako sa end vote

*xto, if it's for more on-road purposes, as you mentioned riding comfort and fuel consumption, i'd take the pajero. but if you've got more "serious business" in mind, this patrol should be easier to mod, and perhaps more capable offroad.
    some people in other countries would agree. if you're not going serious offroading, a gen3 is fine. but if you do, then go patrol.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Other stuff:

*The Pajero has a standard pintle hook. All you get with the Patrol is a sissy tow ring (you can swap in a pintle hook if you want).
    *The Pajero has a bigger interior owing to the monocoque construction and independent suspension. Cabin space in the Patrol is on the tight side especially considering how generous the exterior dimensions are.
    *All GEN III's have ABS

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy View Post
    PAjero for me....

may issue ang turbo ng mga patrol eh...
    what's wrong with patrol's turbo? i have logged 150K kms with my patrol and it still drives like brand new.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
gen 3 pajero 3.2 or patrol 3.0(diesel variant)