New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    I'm driving a 1997 Mitsubishi Galant V6 24 valve at SLEX when an orange Honda Civic SIR suddenly swerve me prompting me to brake hard. the civic is too arrogant driver. i push my gas pedal reving the power of my v6 engine, ayon wala naman pala ibuga CIVIC nya. yabang lng.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    huh? what's the point of this thread?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I agree.. walang point.. I think you just want to brag about your galant leaving the SIR..hinde kaya bumagal lang yung SIR just to give way to an older galant? Ika nga..respect your elders...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    1. The SiR is faster than the V6 Galant. The driver most likely gave way after cutting you, whether accidentally or recklessly. Some people are strangely reckless in their overtaking but still won't go faster once the road permits it... which brings up the point: Bakit sila nag-cu-cut kung di nagmamadali?

2. I can't recall the number of times that I was "beaten" by a Revo or a Crosswind.

3. We don't exactly encourage street-racing stories here in tsikot. (even though some of us secretly love them)
    Last edited by niky; January 25th, 2007 at 10:55 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    sure kaya na SiR iyon ,

dami din kasi (LXi & VTi)ginagaya lang porma at kulay ng SiR

pero ang engine hindi na modify

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    onga naman ano point ng thread na to?

the galant V6 engine is not really that powerful you know...hindi lahat ng V6 e automatically super powerful na lol

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    although stock for stock...the galant is slower than an SIR..we dont know and the thread starter never specified what kind of mods he did with his galant.he never mentioned if hes car's stock or modified so if its modified..its not impossible to beat an SIR.we dont know for sure at this point.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Being cut off by another vehicle is common in most countries. So is keeping your cool and letting it go.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    onga naman ano point ng thread na to?

the galant V6 engine is not really that powerful you know...hindi lahat ng V6 e automatically super powerful na lol
    i dont think so!. stock SIR commands a 160 hp while stock galant v6 commands 195 hp.
    maybe the SIR is quick at instance for it is light but in the long run, its engine rpm is running high considering its a 16 valve eng as compare to a 24 valve.

there is a big difference in long outrun between a 16 valve and 24 valve, a out run race is not a drag race, you have to push your engine to the limit until you outrun the others here will come the differecne between a 16 valve and 24 valve. one will definetely blow out its engine

maybe the better comparison is between galant v6 24 valve dohc mivec twin turbo and honda accord v6 dohc vtec.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Local (Philippine market) Galant V6s are only 165 hp. It's the 3 liter car that's 195...

Local Civics are supposedly 160hp, but I've heard stories of the dyno telling different.

While, yes, a 195hp car could possibly blow away a 160hp car (despite the weight difference) in a high speed run, the Galant 3.0 is an AT.

Which means long, lazy gearing, and an inefficient drivetrain... and it weighs over 300kgs more than the Civic, which negates much of the power advantage. 0-60 times are in the 9's. The EK Civic SiR can do it well under 8... maybe 8 flat with a bad driver (I've tried the Lynx against one, and the Lynx is an 8.2 - 8.5 second car).

It would theoretically have a higher top speed, considering the Galant's low drag coefficient, but since most Japanese four-speeders are locked to a 180-190 km/h top end, we'll never know... :lol:

But then, this is all theoretical, as our local V6 Galant isn't quite that powerful.
    Last edited by niky; January 25th, 2007 at 09:11 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Galant V6 24 valve vs Honda SIR