New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Hi is galant mpi 1992 manual a good car? Especially to owners of that car
    may i know pls. how many kilometer/liter city driving?alalay and medyo hataw speed city driving.Di ba sirain? Madali pa ba ang spare parts. Im planning to sell my first owned corolla xe 1993 to buy that car. Good idea since from carb 1.3 to an efi 2.0. Gusto ko talaga gti kaso lakas daw sa gas. Ang budget ko pang mpi. thank you very much.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    From carb 1.3 to EFI 2.0, don't expect to improve on fuel mileage. In fact, prepare to spend more.

As for the GTi, it shouldn't be much more of a guzzler than the MPI. They're both 2.0 4-cylinder anyway, so the difference isn't so big. GTi is a local classic while the MPI is just your regular Galant (like Civic SiR vs. VTi). If you can afford the GTi, get this one instead. AFAIK there's a small club for this car which should be fun to join.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Thanks Squala sa wakas may nagreply sa help ko. yeah i think you're right. Im just naive to think it will be the same consumption as my xe 93 corolla. I was just thinking since my baby is 7.3 km to a liter, and from the forum's statement " post your ave. fuel consumption" it stated 7 t 8 km per liter ang mpi nya. So I was just thingking that would be a good decision. to sell my xe and buy an mpi. You're right masarap edrive ang gti . my dream car. kaso kung mga 5 to 6km/liter tsaka na lang pagmaganda finance ko. The mpi kung mga 6.5km/liter city driving pwede na. pero kung mga 6 or worst 5km/liter eh sakit sa bulsa. Pare ko tnx . Unless ok ebuy n sell ang mpi kaso ur right lakas sa gas din kaya market would be smaller. thanks sir

galant mpi 1992