New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshxd View Post
    A
    Hindi ba plastic na rin yung manifold ng EX na mga lancer?
    Yes, plastic yung intake but SPEEDLAB has done a few turbocharged Lancer EX. You can inquire with them on how they did with the upgrade. From what they mentioned earlier, they had issues going beyond 200whp because of slippage at the clutch.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Yes, plastic yung intake but SPEEDLAB has done a few turbocharged Lancer EX. You can inquire with them on how they did with the upgrade. From what they mentioned earlier, they had issues going beyond 200whp because of slippage at the clutch.
    Note lang bawal ako sa second hand ngayon. Before this I was looking for Civic 1.8 MT/Lancer 2.0 MT kasama ng dad ko. pero lagging 50k talaga yung hinihingi niya na discount, eh lagging di rin umurong ang bumebenta. For second hand budget was 400k.

Pero ngayon dapat brand new talaga dahil napagod na silang magpunta sa mga seller. Either Lancer 1.6 or Mazda2 1.3 kapag ganun. Alam ko yung 1.6L Mitsubishi 4A92 11:1 yung compression nya ata, bore-stroke is 75x90. Yung Mazda ZJ-VE 10:1 compression at 74x78.4

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Note lang bawal ako sa second hand ngayon. Before this I was looking for Civic 1.8 MT/Lancer 2.0 MT kasama ng dad ko. pero lagging 50k talaga yung hinihingi niya na discount, eh lagging di rin umurong ang bumebenta. For second hand budget was 400k.

Pero ngayon dapat brand new talaga dahil napagod na silang magpunta sa mga seller. Either Lancer 1.6 or Mazda2 1.3 kapag ganun. Alam ko yung 1.6L Mitsubishi 4A92 11:1 yung compression nya ata, bore-stroke is 75x90. Yung Mazda ZJ-VE 10:1 compression at 74x78.4
    So which is better ba? higher or lower compression? Lalo na kung turbo ang plano?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockyds View Post
    So which is better ba? higher or lower compression? Lalo na kung turbo ang plano?
    From what I've read the lower the better for boost applications. So, If boost pressure is say 10 psi. Then you have 11:1 compression ratio. peak pressure when the piston is at top-dead-center would be 11*10=>110 psi. If compression ration is at say 10:1 you get 100 psi peak pressure. Please check my math though. But amount of boost will depend on the engine if the parts can handle the pressure.

Edit: The math is wrong, here but the idea is the same here's a better explanation => http://www.turbo-mini.com/70947.html

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockyds View Post
    lower compression is better if you have plans of going turbo later.

Downside, low comp engines do not make a lot of power by themselves.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Ok, given that limit, you would still be better off with the Lancer EX 1.6L... I drove one for a weekend trip during a media event and it was still fun to drive but lacked power when trying to go uphill quickly.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I'll try to get it down to price when I go to Mitsubishi. Idk if that would be enough to convince my family if it's worth the discounted price. I based the 750k off the fact that they suggested a Honda City 1.3 to me at first, not sure if I can raise the budget higher if they're already counting on discounts. I've already talked them out of buying a Mirage.

Only other car I could think of with an SRP within 750k is the new Vios, I have no idea how it drives though but it looks geared for comfort rather than driving. That and the 1.5L Fiesta :/. If only we got the 1L ecoboost MT like they do in Europe, Ford haven't said anything about when it's coming, and only hinted that it'll be sold as the Sport Plus...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    take the jazz!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    take the jazz!
    I don't really like the looks of the 1.3L stock, I've seen what can be done about it though and while dressed up the Jazz looks great it also looks really expensive to get them to look great. The stock intake is much too small to fit an intercooler in if I do go turbo with it..

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ahh ok. you can tell you parents that a lancer ex would cost just an additional 50k and you'll get a bigger car, bigger engine, better comfort, lot more interior space, touch screen head unit, and more safety with the abs ebd dual airbag. I think that would make a good selling point for money value.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast