New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Well depending on how much I can save up before the current tires wear out. I could go for a wheel and tire combo or just better tires. The tires I have in mind are Direzza Star Spec, Yokohama AD08, Yokohama S. Drive. No Idea how much they cost though, and I'm open to off-brand alternatives if they're of good quality.

Stock tires are Dunlop SP Sport 230. No Idea how well they stack up against other tires though.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    You can try Kumho ECSTA XS KU36 or Bridgestone Potenza RE002 Adrenalin. They cost around 8k each for size 17.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshxd View Post
    Well depending on how much I can save up before the current tires wear out. I could go for a wheel and tire combo or just better tires. The tires I have in mind are Direzza Star Spec, Yokohama AD08, Yokohama S. Drive. No Idea how much they cost though, and I'm open to off-brand alternatives if they're of good quality.

Stock tires are Dunlop SP Sport 230. No Idea how well they stack up against other tires though.
    AD08s cost an arm, a leg, a kidney and a liver. They're incredibly expensive.

While the grip is incredible, they're too much tire for the stock suspension. Sayang lang. They'll make the car feel wallowy, soft and under-damped (kulang sa shocks).

What you want is a tire that increases grip over stock but still complements the stock suspension. To that end, I'd suggest RE010s in 16". 16" wheels should give you a stiffer sidewall and better handling while still being able to absorb bumps and harsh road surfaces.

Should be better for track work, too. 17" wheels don't go well with the stock suspension, and will ruin the balance. 16" will make the car handle better and ride better without negatively affecting straight-line performance all that much.

17" ka na lang if you ever go turbo. But even then, I'd suggest 16s.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    AD08s cost an arm, a leg, a kidney and a liver. They're incredibly expensive.

While the grip is incredible, they're too much tire for the stock suspension. Sayang lang. They'll make the car feel wallowy, soft and under-damped (kulang sa shocks).

What you want is a tire that increases grip over stock but still complements the stock suspension. To that end, I'd suggest RE010s in 16". 16" wheels should give you a stiffer sidewall and better handling while still being able to absorb bumps and harsh road surfaces.

Should be better for track work, too. 17" wheels don't go well with the stock suspension, and will ruin the balance. 16" will make the car handle better and ride better without negatively affecting straight-line performance all that much.

17" ka na lang if you ever go turbo. But even then, I'd suggest 16s.
    Alright, how about tire width? I think the stock width is 6" but would it be okay if I fit 6.5" or 7" width wheels, as most aftermarket wheels look to be that size.

How much are the Bridgestones?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshxd View Post
    Alright, how about tire width? I think the stock width is 6" but would it be okay if I fit 6.5" or 7" width wheels, as most aftermarket wheels look to be that size.

How much are the Bridgestones?
    The RE010As shouldn't cost much more than the Dunlops.

Width, yes... have to check at a Mazda forum for the proper offset, but the wider the better. Don't know if 7.5 will fit, but 7 should do.

Even with the same tires, you can feel a big difference between 6" and 7" mags. Much more responsive steering, stiffer sidewalls.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    What about Achilles..

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    ^in my experience ok naman ang achilles. performs just as well a Neovas.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    ^in my experience ok naman ang achilles. performs just as well a Neovas.
    Mas cheaper siya diba, bro? How much ba siya per piece? Curious lang naman hehe

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Also any comment on neuton NT5000 tires? I heard they perform good for the budget.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213