New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Planing to get a van this month. My choices slim down to toyota hiace and upcoming nissan nv350. Which of the two is a better buy?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by buratsi View Post
    Planing to get a van this month. My choices slim down to toyota hiace and upcoming nissan nv350. Which of the two is a better buy?
    Depends on your preference but i'd go with the new nissan nv350 van. The a/c is really important to me sir coz of our climate. My brother has a hiace and in this kind of summer heat it can't cool the cabin for us to be comfortable. Malayo po yun performance sa a/c talaga sir

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wait first for the Urvan to come out then you decide.

The advantage of the Hiace is that it is proven (reliability and durability) and has the parts support due to the time it has been on the market.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wait first for the Urvan to come out then you decide.

The advantage of the Hiace is that it is proven (reliability and durability) and has the parts support due to the time it has been on the market.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    i'm also quite intrigue by the 18-seater Foton Traveller.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    The Nissan NV350 (JDM Caravan) looks promising. It's about time that the Urvan is updated. I hope they change or upgrade the YD25DDTi engine. Frugal but needs refinement. Nissan played copycat with the new model. It look so much like the present HiAce. Curious how the Philippine version will look like. I'm wondering if the HiAce will be updated soon. I like the size of the Foton Traveller and the Cummins truck engine. But I'd give Foton 3-5 years experience to really place money on them. Will you be using the van for business or for the family, or both? Take note that the bubble top versions like the TOTL (Super) Grandia and the Foton Traveller are a pain to park in most basements. These vans are built to carry many passengers and payload. If you drive them alone, they are very uncomfortable on the road. If you are planning to haul less than 12 passengers, you are better off with the Grand Starex.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Here my favorites here in Europe.

The Ford Transit Tourneo Custom

and the Volkswagen T5 Multivan / Caravelle

Although the T6 is now in the starting blocks