New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by misseksaherada View Post
    Sa Facebook page ng Vitara, SLEX din daan nya abot 20km/L sa dashboard..
    Pero ako, 1st time ko lang kanina napaabot ng 9.9km/L yung sa dashbaord ko.. Fuel Efficiency Thread
    Talo kapag traffic, tapos malapit lang lagi ang pinupuntahan..
    pati sa FB Group ng Xpander. madaming claims na 20km/l

nung nagawa ko yun last year (1.5L CVT) hirap na hirap ako

siguro mas madali talaga kung may cruise control

2. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Based on my experience, cruise control will only give you fuel efficiency if you use it on long stretches with light traffic, like STAR tollway or NLEX going up north. Kapag mga SLEX lang, usually hard braking sya kapag malapit na sa car in front tapos hihiritin naman nya para ma meet ang set speed mo. Bad driving habit ang labas nya.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    From the article:
    The fuel efficiency numbers on the list will be based on the reviews that we have of the vehicles and will be tallied in terms of points for their respective fuel economy numbers. This means that if a vehicle gets 8 km/L in the city and 16 km/L on the highway then it gets a total of 24 points. In the event of a tie, the vehicle with the higher city fuel efficiency number will take the win. If there are two variants of the vehicle tested, then the model with the higher fuel efficiency figures will be considered. This will better represent what the vehicle is capable of in terms of giving you the best mileage for as little fuel as possible.
    I don't understand why they had to do it that way. Meron naman formula for getting a combined fuel economy number given the city and highway mpg. For EPA ratings I believe it's 55% city 45% highway.

At the very least they should have divided by two to get an unweighted average km/li.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Yung drive namin nung Wednesday from Pasig to Samba Bluewater in Olongapo, nag-average ako ng 15km/l. 5 adults + 2 kids then some bags. Mobilio CVT pala gamit namin. Average 1400 rpm lang takbo the whole drive.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    16.9km/L on an Almera, city and highway driving combined

Anyone who knows an Almera owner to check if the figures mentioned is achievable by a normal driver?

Is the Nissan Almera, with its 1.0-liter turbo, the ideal sedan for PH fuel crisis? | TopGear PH

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Anyone who knows an Almera owner to check if the figures mentioned is achievable by a normal driver?

Is the Nissan Almera, with its 1.0-liter turbo, the ideal sedan for PH fuel crisis? | TopGear PH
    wasn't the review-er driving normally?
    but i get your point.
    "confirmation."
    heh heh.

so i wonder,
    is this the start of a visibly renewed km/li war among the car manufacturers?
    i hope so.
    us consumers can only benefit from it.

addendum.
    in the other thread, "which is the best, manual or automatic?",
    in post #97, gearhead was quoting another review-er, who claimed his almera experience at 6-9 km/li in the city, and 21 km/li in the highway.
    i guess, a lot has to do with, whatever we claim, "how do i really drive".
    Last edited by dr. d; June 1st, 2022 at 11:30 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007

The actual combined rating is going to be much lower than that.

22km city * 8.8km/li
    90km highway * 15.3km/li
    164km highway * 16.6km/li

We know from the start that city was 8.8km/li
    Then he added 142kms of highway driving, bringing the average fuel consumption to 16.6km/li

So that 16.6km/li is the average from 22kms city, and 142kms highway. It's obvious that this figure is weighted much more heavily toward highway driving.

To get a a proper city+highway average the distance traveled needs to be the same. Luckily we can compute the amount of fuel used for both the city and total portions of the drive, then infer the highway part:

city: 22km / 8.8lm/li = 2.5li used
    total: 164km / 16.6km/li = 9.8795li used

highway: = 9.875li - 2.5li = 7.3795li used
    highway mpg = 142km / 7.3795li = 19.24 km/li

combined fuel economy, weighted at 55% city 45% highway as per EPA standards: 13.5km/li

8. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    simula namaster na cvt eh tumipid na talaga automatic.

Yung 1st gen jazz ano ba naging issue doon. Nabasa ko yun daw ang "true cvt" Tapos mga current cvt ngayon eh hindi daw ganun.

sarap kaya magdrive byahe ka punta probinsya tapos 20kpl ka all the way. Magkano lang magiging fuel expense. Pero syempre gasoline engine standard. Pag desel kasi nakakainis yung ingay gaspang.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    so i wonder,
    is this the start of a visibly renewed km/li war among the car manufacturers?
    i hope so.
    us consumers can only benefit from it.
    One thing the article didn't mention... the Almera uses 95 Octane gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    22km city * 8.8km/li
    90km highway * 15.3km/li
    164km highway * 16.6km/li
    if you break down the figures... then his results are attainable.

10km/l ako sa City
    15 sa highway (without trying)
    21 at best... super effort

10. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    simula namaster na cvt eh tumipid na talaga automatic.

Yung 1st gen jazz ano ba naging issue doon. Nabasa ko yung daw ang "true cvt" Tapos mga current cvt ngayon eh hindi daw ganun.

sarap kaya magdrive byahe ka punta probinsya tapos 20kpl ka all the way. Magkano lang magiging fuel expense. Pero syempre gasoline engine standard. Pag desel kasi nakakainis yung ingay gaspang.

city/jazz GD use clutch packs w/ the CVT. current CVT's use slushbox

matipid talaga yung GD esp w/ the idsi engine w/ 8 valves and 8 sparks you can drive or should i say LUG the engine if you want i.e. 1100 RPM is actually usable.

warning don't lug the engine and try to accelerate at the same time use low RPM only for maintaining constant speed. generally speaking don't go below 1250rpm

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Fuel Efficiency Thread