New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    So what about the Honda CRZ?
    Ang hybrid tech ng crz ay ginagamit pang boost ng performance, not really for efficiency. Consumption is around 10km/l

2. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post
    yes... di po malabo.. as i have search over and over the webs of the car brands... the higher the cost of a car, the bigger the engine gets... that's why regardless the budget because most Fuel efficient car are below 1M...

I'm highly inclined to the new yaris... Honda Brio will be launching next month... its a 4 cyl engine w/ 1200cc... I do have to wait and see din para walang sisihan... Toyota and honda are the 2 brands i like.
    if budget is not an issue, get a ford fiesta, if it does get a mirage g4

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    yes... di po malabo.. as i have search over and over the webs of the car brands... the higher the cost of a car, the bigger the engine gets... that's why regardless the budget because most Fuel efficient car are below 1M...

I'm highly inclined to the new yaris... Honda Brio will be launching next month... its a 4 cyl engine w/ 1200cc... I do have to wait and see din para walang sisihan... Toyota and honda are the 2 brands i like.
    Kaya malabo kasi if you're concerned about fuel costs then you should be concerned about purchase price as well.

Few cars can match the Mirage's FC. And even fewer can match its features for the price.

The Accent is much more efficient but also much more expensive, to the point that you will not be able to recoup the additional cost through fuel savings in a reasonable amount of time. The Wigo is cheaper but is also less efficient, and the GLX is able to recoup the additional cost vs the Wigo G from FC savings.

People buy cars for utility, space, power, driving fun, features, and image. But all of these come at a price and even if a car is fuel efficient you cannot recoup the price you pay for these characteristics vs a bare/bland but cheaper car.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    If you consider only the purchase price and the km per peso of fuel, you can actually compute when the two models you are considering, will about break even.. after which one car will become cheaper to own and operate.. That is, if there is such thing as break even..
    If you include maintenance costs it becomes a lot more complicated..
    Computing will probably be more effective than eyeballing...
    Last edited by dr. d; July 25th, 2014 at 07:16 PM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Marami kasi puro hearsay lang, puro tantsa lang.

Most cost-effective would probably to get a used Mirage, or an even older used Vios. Both are fuel efficient, cheap to maintain, and pretty cheap to buy as well.

But most will not go that route because they want a brand new car. They say it's less of a financial headache but if you try computing, hindi naman talaga. Main reason is pride and desire. Kunwari practical but its really just a want, di lang inaamin.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Marami kasi puro hearsay lang, puro tantsa lang.

Most cost-effective would probably to get a used Mirage, or an even older used Vios. Both are fuel efficient, cheap to maintain, and pretty cheap to buy as well.

But most will not go that route because they want a brand new car. They say it's less of a financial headache but if you try computing, hindi naman talaga. Main reason is pride and desire. Kunwari practical but its really just a want, di lang inaamin.

If you are willing to make a few valid assumptions, it is really easy and even fun, to make those computations.
    I did. That is why I am sticking to my 2003 gas guzzler, as coding car, instead of buying a new, more fuel efficient car..

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    I actually like the new yaris...got my eye on that... how come the mirage w/ 3cyl engine is as powerful as vios?

I know a friend who has a ford fiesta S.. matakaw daw.. well i believe so considering the 1.6 engine... but the interior is nice.. but then... i like to stick to japanese car maker...,kinda old habit...

I went to see the accent crdi... malaki pala interior... but then, i'd pass the crdi.. i think this maybe just a fad..

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Yun naman talaga yun, kung ano yung GUSTO.

Screw FC and screw everything else.

Get the Yaris and be happy with it.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    The new Yaris looks very nice IMO. FC, I bet same lang yan sa Vios.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I actually like the new yaris...got my eye on that... how come the mirage w/ 3cyl engine is as powerful as vios?

I know a friend who has a ford fiesta S.. matakaw daw.. well i believe so considering the 1.6 engine... but the interior is nice.. but then... i like to stick to japanese car maker...,kinda old habit...

I went to see the accent crdi... malaki pala interior... but then, i'd pass the crdi.. i think this maybe just a fad..
    Discussing this is pretty moot since it looks like you like the Yaris over all other options, and that's okay.

But to answer the questions..the Mirage is a much more modern engine compared to the old Vios' engine that has been around since the 90s. A decade's worth of advancements surely helps both power and economy.

Take note though that the Yaris/Vios gives much more than 81 hp it has on paper. Very torquey and efficient despite its age.

The Fiesta is no longer a 1.6. The flagship Fiesta has a 1.0 turbo that's not only fast, but also efficient. Very pricey though at 900k. Not very spacious either.

The Accent CRDi is bigger than the Mirage but just about the same as the Yaris. The turbo diesel isn't a fad though - it's been around for several years and Hyundai has been very good at the diesel game. The 1.6 engine does 25 km/L easily on the highway, while giving the same performance as 2-liter gas-fed sedans/CUVs.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast