New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hi everyone! I'ts my first time here. I just need help in choosing which SUV to buy. I have narrowed down my choices between toyota fortuner, honda crv and nissan xtrail. I'm just a bit worried about fortuner being too big for a girl. Anyway, My priority ofcourse would be performance,durability,features,safety and availability of parts. I'm really having a hard time deciding. Please help!

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    The X-Trail has been around since 2003 or 2004 and it is slated to be replaced with an all new body model by next year in developed countries (ie. Japan). Nissan Phils didn't even bother to introduce any upgrades (ie. X-Trail series II) and will likely delay the launch of the new X-Trail here.

A lady would not have any problems driving a Fortuner.:D I have seen several already. The Fortuner does have a big hood (but smaller than the Everest/Ranger variety) and handles like a truck (but a good maneuverable truck, that is :D -seriously) and a bit like a car. I used to drive a EG and EK Civic before I transfered to the Fort. "Sanayan lang yan" is what they would say. The Fort's bulk might seem overwhelming at first, but I'm sure you will get used to it over time. Don't get the Fort if you plan to go to tight spaces like Quiapo, Divisoria, Tondo, etc....

The 2007 CRV is still has a reservation lists to get by, so if you are in a hurry to get this, you might end up waiting for months. This one is probably the most maneuverable and most car like of the three. Its slopping hood helps in better maneuvering around tight spaces.

In terms of "performance,durability,features,safety and availability of parts" all three seem to be on equal footing.
    Last edited by number001; August 5th, 2007 at 08:15 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nissan did put some improvements on the most recent Nissan X-trail.

Among them:
    *Modified taillamp cluster (even the back up lamps and signal lamps seem red when off)
    *Round reflectors on rear bumper
    *Cargo net with multiple attachments
    *Modified dashboard (the drink coolers were relocated and some formerly square switches are now round).

Sorry I didn't get the other details. Count on the all-new X-trail to be around the corner. But even if you bumped into one right now, you wouldn't even recognize it as the new model because X-trail fans wanted the look to stay. The biggest change would have to be the gauges which will be in front of the driver in the upcoming version.

Size up your driving skills to know what size of vehicle you can drive. My commander drives a Starex with not much difficulty.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I guess x-trail is out then...thanks.appreciate your quick response

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Go with the Fort, if your budget permits you too. Have you considered the Outlander, Forester and Rav4? I think the new Rav4 is well off for lady drivers who needs less hassle and space (crampy parking and well, tight spots like public markets).

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    comment on the new CRV...

parang npka compact nya sikip yta sa loob?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For it's size the CR-V is reasonably roomy.

Have you seen the interior of a Nissan Patrol? It's a great place to get intimate. hehehe. Sobrang laki ng sasakyan pero ang sikip sa loob.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    have you considered getting a sta fe instead? a girl in a sta. fe makes me.. :inlove: haha. . i dont think it would be suitable for a girl driving a fortuner, i think it just not right. pero astig. hehe. and i guess you are already aware of fortuner's bouncy paths. tough choices are crv and xtrail. i don't know the fuel consumption of xtrail but the CRV is a killer. but you will get the most of your bucks if it's long drive. the xtrail i think is the closest to sedan ride. im not sure though. so either of the two is . . goodluck!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There are lots of threads here discussing the individual vehicles. Using the search button and visiting them might help you some.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    If really just among the three, I'd reco the CRV.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
fortuner vs x-trail vs crv