New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Fortuner...if you cant wait Alterra...if you want simple rugged elegance (ironic isnt it?) Everest...if you want a LOLO (albeit still good looking) buy a Montero! LOLz

just my 2cents

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i actually like the looks of the rexton, dami ko nakikita dito (s. korea-obviously lol). di ko lang alam specs nya.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kira_shinn
    montero sport is an old model (around 2000 i think). it is a good ride. but it has no 3rd row seat,unlike both fortuner and alterra. nice engine though for montero sport
    i think the Montero Sport has been around since the mid90s pa.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    I think 97 or 98 when I first saw the Montero sport and that was in the US. I rarely saw it in the philippines since it was an imported car.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip
    i actually like the looks of the rexton, dami ko nakikita dito (s. korea-obviously lol). di ko lang alam specs nya.
    Tried driving my friend's sangyong rexton parang underpower mas malakas pa yata ang hatak ng revo. The nice thing is - you can modify the front fascia, headlights and the grill to look like a M'benz SUV.

Back to the topic. Fortuner pa rin.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005

Hmmm.... I would pick Fortuner.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    thanks for your views... keep them coming.. im leaning towards alterra because of the engine. i read a lot of bad reviews about the d4d engine of the fortuner and innova. the funny this is, i have to decide tomorrow if i go with the alterra coz their 50T discount ends tomorrow.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    zpurs: DO YOURSELF A FAVOR! STAY AWAY FROM THE ALTERRA!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Kung engine pag-uusapan, go for Alterra. Subok na ang Isuzu diesel engines.
    Kung porma, presyo, etc., go for Fortuner.
    One thing though, advise sakin ng friend kong chief mechanic sa Toyota dito sa desert, ngayon lang daw sila kumukuha ng datas ng D4D engines nila. Meaning, testing phase. So he said better to buy any D4D engined vehicles after a year or so.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    interior and exterior looks, suspension and most likely mas maganda resale value sa Fortuner ka. Sa space, sounds (with 2 monitors pa) and consumption sa Alterra.

I have a Gas Fortuner nakaka 5km/liter lang, based on what I've read ang Diesel 7 to 9km/liter. My mom owns an Alterra nakaka 13km/liter 80% city driving. Pareho namin pinalitan ng 20inch mags ride namin sa Fortuner ok pa din ride, unlike yung Alterra sobrang magiwang na. Sa Alterra may discount while sa Fortuner mapapasubo ka sa IHF, IHI and some add-ons. Nasayo kung ano priority mo. Obviosly ako Fortuner pinili ko. Good luck sa pagpili bro!

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Fortuner v. Alterra