New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Hi guys, I know there are several similar thread regarding this comparison. Just want to make an up to date comparison so I beg your indulgence...

I am contemplating on getting a new car. Right now, I'm torn between the above mentioned models.. Please do help me... I am looking at a budget of around 1.1M-1.4M so I guess those are the preferred model in those range... I was convinced on getting the Fortuner, until I made several research and found out that there might be a major facelift on the Fortuner coming very soon (2014). I would not want the feeling of getting a new car then suddenly feeling the car is old What can you guys say about this? Is there really a Major facelift coming?

So upon making further research I am looking considering three more vehicles - Kia Sportage - Honda CRV and longshot would be the subaru forester... I understand the above models are newly facelift so I wont see a major change perhaps in the next 4-5 years.... Please shoot in your suggestions and why such....

My major consideration would really be the safety features, comfortability and fuel consumption. Plus would be the riding capacity

Thanks in Advance....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    At that price range, I'd get the CX5. Consistent winner of many a CUV comparison. It's main strength are handling and fuel consumption.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The 5-seater Sorento 4x2 CRDi also fits within your budget.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Safety features - Subaru =P
    comfort CRV, CX5
    fuel consumption. cx5
    riding capacity fortuner

A good toss up on this would be the good old Innova, Otherwise, you'd want to take a look at the CX5. Diesel cuvs also have good FCs, tucson, sportage and the sorento fit the bill.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by alvingawhung View Post
    Hi guys, I know there are several similar thread regarding this comparison. Just want to make an up to date comparison so I beg your indulgence...

I am contemplating on getting a new car. Right now, I'm torn between the above mentioned models.. Please do help me... I am looking at a budget of around 1.1M-1.4M so I guess those are the preferred model in those range... I was convinced on getting the Fortuner, until I made several research and found out that there might be a major facelift on the Fortuner coming very soon (2014). I would not want the feeling of getting a new car then suddenly feeling the car is old What can you guys say about this? Is there really a Major facelift coming?

So upon making further research I am looking considering three more vehicles - Kia Sportage - Honda CRV and longshot would be the subaru forester... I understand the above models are newly facelift so I wont see a major change perhaps in the next 4-5 years.... Please shoot in your suggestions and why such....

My major consideration would really be the safety features, comfortability and fuel consumption. Plus would be the riding capacity

Thanks in Advance....
    Fortuner i think is due for all new model next year not facelift kasi 2005 pa yung kaha nyan. I think manual na diesel pasok sa budget mo. Crv naman bago lang ganda rin laki pa ng cargo area kaso 5 seater lang. Sprotage pinaka gwapo in my opinion decent naman cargo area kaso sa budget mo di ko alam kung pwede diesel gwapo pa DRL nya, facelift malamang next year na kasi 2011 pa yan eh sa europe. Subaru pinaka bago but di ako na gagandahan, ganda lang performance at lumaki compared sa dati, ganda pa boxer engine.

For me fortuner practical sa lahat, Crv para safe, sportage pinaka gwapo head turner at subaru kung pasok sa budget at ok sayo itsura.