New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by LN106G View Post
    I can just imagine if it is offered here in the Phil. Option of the TOTL Fort with 4.0 gas. It might be even cheaper than the TOTL Diesel Fort. (With regards to the JPEPA & TRAIN). Hehe

You can slap a V12 in the Toyota Fortuner but it still won't handle and drive as well as a Subaru Forester XT ...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    You can slap a V12 in the Toyota Fortuner but it still won't handle and drive as well as a Subaru Forester XT ...
    there is a downside, you get spoiled by the grip and handling.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    Na iimpress ka pa pala bro sa commoner's car. Hehe

Btt; pajero for comfort and commanding presence.

XT for blistering fast performancr.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Im a subaru fanboy. Had the Legacy GT wagon turbo (prior model to the current one) and the previous and current gen subaru forester turbos. The previous model with the 4AT transmission really gave a kick on the pants when it accelerated. But it was very bare and the NVH wasnt any good. The current one is full of tech and the ride is much quieter and smoother. Though it didnt 'feel' as fast as the prior one because of the CVT. The big 2.5 displacement of the prior model also helped make it have more torque down low in the rev range.

But all things considered....the new FXT is the best crossover in its price range. Nothing can come close.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Sounds like too much power. Saan nain patabukhin yan - C5 or EDSA?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Lol, karamihan ng portions sa edsa at C5 may mga lubak.

Di kaya magiging kalampagin yung forester after some time kung palaging tinatakbo dun sa mga lubak nang mabilis?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post

Di kaya magiging kalampagin yung forester after some time kung palaging tinatakbo dun sa mga lubak nang mabilis?
    all cars magiging kalampagin if you dont slowdown sa potholes..walang vehicle is immune to wear and tear..

6. Join Date
    Jan 2018

I think any car will wreck its suspension if driven hard over lubak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    kaya siguro hindi routinely included ang suspension sa warranty.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    all cars magiging kalampagin if you dont slowdown sa potholes..walang vehicle is immune to wear and tear..

I know. What I meant is, compared to the other two which is the fort or pajero, di kaya mas less tolerant yung forester pagdating sa mga lubak? Since mas maliit siya compared sa dalawa.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I know. What I meant is, compared to the other two which is the fort or pajero, di kaya mas less tolerant yung forester pagdating sa mga lubak? Since mas maliit siya compared sa dalawa.
    The Fort may handle more punishment on rugged terrain as its platform is really a pickup truck (Hilux) but its ride can never be as comfortable as a unibody crossover like the bigger Pajero or smaller Forester.

Among the CUVs, the Forester is the most capable for light offroad purposes. The CRV or CX5 or any other CUV for that matter are softer when compared to the Forester. As long as you don’t go fast thru deep potholes or fly off big humps (things you would not even do with a Fort or Pajero), the Forester will be just fine.

I suggest you try riding a Forester (turbo or not) to give you a better idea.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The Fort may handle more punishment on rugged terrain as its platform is really a pickup truck (Hilux) but its ride can never be as comfortable as a unibody crossover like the bigger Pajero or smaller Forester.

Among the CUVs, the Forester is the most capable for light offroad purposes. The CRV or CX5 or any other CUV for that matter are softer when compared to the Forester. As long as you donÂ’t go fast thru deep potholes or fly off big humps (things you would not even do with a Fort or Pajero), the Forester will be just fine.

I suggest you try riding a Forester (turbo or not) to give you a better idea.

I drive slow on those lubak or rough roads especially when i drive my altis. All the cars on the back tries to overtake me especially the taxi. They also try to overtake me on humps because of how slow i am.
    I really avoid the truck lane on C5 and memorize the road of my daily route and avoid bad roads. But there are times na mapapaunta ka sa places that arent familiar to you. Things i hate in this Jungle roads of metro manila when you drive at night you thought all roads are asphalted but at some point there are deep manholes that are not asphalted as well and you will never notice them and once na madaanan mo mapapa iyak ka nalang and wish you can turn back the time and drive slowly and avoided it. Especially the one in white plains turning left going to katipunan ave.
    Hopefully i could test drive the new fxt. I didnt really like the old one because of its nvh.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast