New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Forester XT for me.....with eyesight functionality.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm CARLOver View Post
    Hi guys i would like to ask which is a good buy for me as a primary Car. I dont mind about fuel consumption or the increasing gas prices. What matters to me are the following
    -how realible are they? Radiator, compressor?
    -parts? Easy to find in banawe and not that expensive?
    -last is NVH and how they can handle the very rough roads of metro manila?
    I know fortuner gas could do all that but trying to get out of the toyota brand since me and my dad drives a toyota already. Is the forester's underchassis solid enough which i can drive through pot holes?
    And last, is it true that there are rattles on the dash in pajero if you drive it through some pot holes or rough roads of metro manila?
    This will be my primary car/pang harabas and be selling my 2012 hilux which was great in pot holes but matagtag. No more diesel i just hate how it clutters
    All your suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Nakakabwisit yung pagka tunog lata ng diesel noh.... hahahah

Ang advice ko sayo FJ Cruiser...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hi guys i would like to ask which is a good buy for me as a primary Car. I dont mind about fuel consumption or the increasing gas prices. What matters to me are the following
    -how realible are they? Radiator, compressor?
    -parts? Easy to find in banawe and not that expensive?
    -last is NVH and how they can handle the very rough roads of metro manila?
    I know fortuner gas could do all that but trying to get out of the toyota brand since me and my dad drives a toyota already. Is the forester's underchassis solid enough which i can drive through pot holes?
    And last, is it true that there are rattles on the dash in pajero if you drive it through some pot holes or rough roads of metro manila?
    This will be my primary car/pang harabas and be selling my 2012 hilux which was great in pot holes but matagtag. No more diesel i just hate how it clutters
    All your suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
    if fortuner fits the bill, then go get one more!
    what's wrong with having two good things?

"among the many questionable judgements i have heard, this one is among the top."
    translation: "maraming ganyan mag-isip".
    apologies for the un-kind words.

let us put it this way: you both can share spare parts.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 20th, 2018 at 12:48 AM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if fortuner fits the bill, then go get one more!
    what's wrong with having two good things?

"among the many questionable judgements i have heard, this one is among the top."
    translation: "maraming ganyan mag-isip".
    apologies for the un-kind words.

let us put it this way: you both can share spare parts.
    Yeah youre right, theres nothing wrong of having the same beast but i just dont like to have a redunduncy of these suv's because i.e i got the forester, we both could share and borrow cars and drive his car and my car for like a week or so. But you are correct if the fortuner suits my needs and wants would probably get one.
    My heart really belongs to the Forester but the criteria for what I want is the fortuner.
    I was hoping that someone could share base from his experience the noise and vibration inside the cabin of the forester is so smooth and less/few vibration could be felt on idle just like the fortuner.
    I havent test drive the xt yet so hopefully if i got a chance, i will go and check it out especially their new features.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    Nakakabwisit yung pagka tunog lata ng diesel noh.... hahahah

Ang advice ko sayo FJ Cruiser...
    Yup true parang truck pag binirit, But dont get me wrong the advantage of these diesel are great milleage and torque but "for me" its really just noisy even the new diesel of toyota.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Yeah youre right, theres nothing wrong of having the same beast but i just dont like to have a redunduncy of these suv's because i.e i got the forester, we both could share and borrow cars and drive his car and my car for like a week or so. But you are correct if the fortuner suits my needs and wants would probably get one.
    My heart really belongs to the Forester but the criteria for what I want is the fortuner.
    I was hoping that someone could share base from his experience the noise and vibration inside the cabin of the forester is so smooth and less/few vibration could be felt on idle just like the fortuner.
    I havent test drive the xt yet so hopefully if i got a chance, i will go and check it out especially their new features.
    I’ve ridden in the newest XT and it is very luxurious and quiet inside. I would take it over the Fortuner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Same with Mr. Big. We are happy Forester XT owners. It drives like a big compact car with a high ground clearance. Those other two are no match against the Forester XT in terms of performance.

This is only natural. Of course the Forester's small engine comes with a turbocharger and a much lighter so it will be obviously quicker than the other 2 which are much heavier.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    This is only natural. Of course the Forester's small engine comes with a turbocharger and a much lighter so it will be obviously quicker than the other 2 which are much heavier.
    It is not just a small engine with a turbocharger. That 2.0L turbo is the same one on the WRX but tuned only at 240hp/350Nm. Aside from the WRX, what other vehicle priced at below 2M can you get that amount of power paired with an intelligent AWD?

The bigger Outback with its older 2.5L non turbo engine offer better performance than a Fort.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    It is not just a small engine with a turbocharger. That 2.0L turbo is the same one on the WRX but tuned only at 240hp/350Nm. Aside from the WRX, what other vehicle priced at below 2M can you get that amount of power paired with an intelligent AWD?

The bigger Outback with its older 2.5L non turbo engine offer better performance than a Fort.

Bro. When is the ascent coming?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Bro. When is the ascent coming?

Sabi ni Motor Image, for North America market daw muna yung Ascent.

Subaru should use that new 2.4L turbo engine on the next generation FXT and Outback.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast