New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Hi guys i would like to ask which is a good buy for me as a primary Car. I dont mind about fuel consumption or the increasing gas prices. What matters to me are the following
    -how realible are they? Radiator, compressor?
    -parts? Easy to find in banawe and not that expensive?
    -last is NVH and how they can handle the very rough roads of metro manila?
    I know fortuner gas could do all that but trying to get out of the toyota brand since me and my dad drives a toyota already. Is the forester's underchassis solid enough which i can drive through pot holes?
    And last, is it true that there are rattles on the dash in pajero if you drive it through some pot holes or rough roads of metro manila?
    This will be my primary car/pang harabas and be selling my 2012 hilux which was great in pot holes but matagtag. No more diesel i just hate how it clutters
    All your suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
    Last edited by i'm CARLOver; January 19th, 2018 at 07:06 PM. Reason: W

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    xt... hands down

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    I'll go for Forester.

(Sayang talaga, better luck next time na lang ako).

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Forester but try to consider the explorer and cx9.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Same with Mr. Big. We are happy Forester XT owners. It drives like a big compact car with a high ground clearance. Those other two are no match against the Forester XT in terms of performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Egan101; January 19th, 2018 at 07:50 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by c_cube View Post
    Forester but try to consider the explorer and cx9.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
    If you really need a comfortable 7-seater, then Go with a CX9 or Explorer or Pilot. If you want a quick and fast 7-seater, go with the Explorer Sport 3.5L V6 Ecoboost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Thank you for the inputs sir.
    So forester is fine with the bumpy roads. Like if i go through some potholes my suspension wont sound clunky like some of the sedans? I fell in love with the cx9 but i would say pass for it. My heart belongs to the forester but my dad argued with me of how easy i could get parts.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm CARLOver View Post
    Thank you for the inputs sir.
    So forester is fine with the bumpy roads. Like if i go through some potholes my suspension wont sound clunky like some of the sedans? I fell in love with the cx9 but i would say pass for it. My heart belongs to the forester but my dad argued with me of how easy i could get parts.
    clunky sedans? baka hindi lng maintained? or defective bushings. most sedans and crossovers use McPherson struts. the major difference is the length of travel.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Join Subaru Forester and XV(SFX) club of the Philippines in Facebook and see owner's different experiences in owning a Forester. Rides will get clunky with age, and suspension part wear. Just don't expect the Subaru underchassis to last like the Hilux's especially when you drive like a madman over potholes. Give it a year and your bushings would need earlier replacement, driving in those said conditions.

There have been accounts of people from Subaru forums having their mechanic run to Banawe and bring a needed part to try and match it, but I haven't seen anyone mention that in SFX. Either Fusion R has it, an OEM or replacement is readily available from a vendor or a local shop, or you have to order it online. Most of the time, its cheaper ordering online, like that stupid headlight that costs 90k from Motor Image and costs..3/4 for both pairs? Have to double check .
    Last edited by Calistro; January 19th, 2018 at 10:05 PM.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    ^ kamusta? do you still drive your fxs?
    On topic, forester mas comfortable and mas magaan i drive. Also, para sa akin, it can do what the other 2 can do except seat 7, sumampa sa mataas na gutter and inspire confidence wading floods.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast