New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Hello.

Hope ko mag level up pero sobrang gulong gulo ako.

Been browsing the net for opinions and mukang best comments dito so I joined your forum.

Would like to ask your opinion sana about my choices:
    2011 Santa Fe 2.4 2WD Petrol - FL AT (Low Spec)
    2011 Forester 2.0 X
    2011 Sportage 2.0 L AWD GAS EX A/T

For the use - during the week bahay QC to office in Makati. Tapos konting gimik during the week night so I enjoy konting hataw pauwi. 100 - 140kph lang. gulo ng edsa. hehehe. tapos weekend family trips. sa mall lang or sa biyenan sa south. space really not a deal breaker for me.

ang main considerations ko would probably be:

1. yun fuel efficiency na ok naman sana sa bulsa
    2. wow factor - respect sa mga bus ng edsa (yun hindi ka nila gigitgitin)
    3. maintenance costs

look forward to all your comments. hoping you guys can help me!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you really need economy, best to stick with the Sportage. Bonus points are it will likely drive the best of the three choices (it's the only one I haven't driven, but Kias tend to be sportier than their Hyundai counterparts, and the Tucson already drives better than the other two...)

The Santa Fe has the most space, but the design is getting a bit old.

The Forester has presence and good looks, and interior space is nice, but the lack of gears is a weak point and without a turbocharger, 2 liter Subarus tend to be torpid.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    1. yun fuel efficiency na ok naman sana sa bulsa <- Sta Fe (2.4L engine 2WD, better on FC)

2. wow factor - respect sa mga bus ng edsa (yun hindi ka nila gigitgitin) <- Kaw na magdecide, looks yan e

3. maintenance costs <-Make a call to all the casa (Hyundai, Kia, Subaru), inquire about the 40k km checkup. Its the heaviest. They'll give you the itemized cost. Tip: Change oil, Change belts, Aircon checkup, Tie rod replacement, air filter replacement. Whichever is cheaper, yan na sagot mo. :D

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    While the 2.4 isn't horrible... the Santa Fe is a big, heavy car. I drove the Sorento version and got worse economy than in the 2.4 CR-V or 2.5 CX-7.

There's no way it can compete with the 2.0 Hyundai-Kia motor with the six speed.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Sportage na, bonus mo yung AWD na din agad siya. Better for control esp during hway cruising mo at rainy days. Trust me!
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    yeah, sportage ako.

newer & fresher.

di ko lang sure about the availability of units ngayon. rinig ko kasi, january inorder 1st batch then dumating kailan lang....

7. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    from your choices, the best that would fit you is sportage. btw, no tucson or cx7?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    *CDD, since Hyundai is in your line-up and with a budget of P1.4M, how come you didn't consider the Tucson? Marami naman itong variant na swak sa pera mo. Also meets your criteria of fuel efficiency, wow factor and maintenance costs - at least accdg to the threads coz I don't have 1st hand experience w/ this CUV. heheheh.

Btw, yung wow factor -- based on experience, I don't think buses respect anything smaller than an Exped, Pajero or Patrol lalo na kung kulay itim at naka dark tint... at mas lalo pa kung may kasunod na AUV with the same look. :-)

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    Btw, yung wow factor -- based on experience, I don't think buses respect anything smaller than an Exped, Pajero or Patrol lalo na kung kulay itim at naka dark tint... at mas lalo pa kung may kasunod na AUV with the same look. :-)
    +1 dyan ser. Hindi talaga sinasanto ng bus mga private cars unless it has "da Look" of a VIP!
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ya.

Hindi ka papansinin ng bus kung hindi ka naka-Chevrolet Tahoe/Expedition na kulay black tapos super black ang tint tapos may kasunod na Innova G na kulay itim tapos windows down at may naka-blue na polo na sakay.

Yung innova kailangan din sobra ang dikit dun sa " lead car" ......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Forester, Sta Fe, Sportage - 1.4M budget