New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Alam ko mali yun comparison but here are the criteria

1. Brand New, Stock (no modifications or aftermarket)
    2. 2M or less budget
    3. Automatic Transmission
    4. Available through local dealers

which is a better drive,
    faster,
    easier to maintain,
    enjoyment of ownership even after 5 years,

NO racing, just Manila with occasional out of town trips, Family of 5, I do enjoy driving fast once in a while
    on rare moments (but very rare), wife will use it with driver

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Better Drive:
    its up to you if you are used to driving on a higher or lower ground clearance.

Faster:
    2.5L flat 4 with 4speed AT vs 3.5 V6 with 6speed AT... Camry wins

Easier to Maintain:
    i guess both are expensive. Subaru has only one Casa, unlike Toyota. but Camry is an executive car, so may kamahalan din mga parts.

Enjoyment of Ownership After 5 Years:
    they are both great in their own classes. you won't regret any of them. gas price will be the one not enjoyable...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    You could include Honda Accord, Dodge Nitro

But if you're stuck between the two, id pick the camry, PEARL WHITE to be exact ;)
    Last edited by renzo_d10; June 24th, 2009 at 02:22 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by agent_ysann View Post
    Better Drive:
    its up to you if you are used to driving on a higher or lower ground clearance.

Faster:
    2.5L flat 4 with 4speed AT vs 3.5 V6 with 6speed AT... Camry wins

Easier to Maintain:
    i guess both are expensive. Subaru has only one Casa, unlike Toyota. but Camry is an executive car, so may kamahalan din mga parts.

Enjoyment of Ownership After 5 Years:
    they are both great in their own classes. you won't regret any of them. gas price will be the one not enjoyable...
    + 1
    camry na!

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    You might to consider the Honda Accord 3.5 V6 instead of the Camry, if ever. The Accord has consistently (across its many generations) good reviews from US publication (you know how ultra critical Americans are) like Motor Trend, esp. Car and Driver, etc...

Bet. Honda Accord 3.5 V6 and Subaru Forester 2.5 XT. Both are good competent vehicles. Both are good choices but you need to take a look at what you will use the vehicle for. If your daily route is Alabang, Makati, Ortigas, etc... then the Accord is a very comfortable executive cruiser. But if you like to go out of town and stuff like that, the Subuaru Forester with its higher ground clearance and AWD, might make a better choice in such situations.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I agree with most of the things said here, and especially with the poster above, except for one thing:

At the speed needed for overtaking, the forester is the fastest one here.

0-100 times for the V6 Accord and V6 Camry are both sub 8 seconds but the Forester XT is at less than 7. Actually the previous model was just above 6 (since it was lighter -- and slightly lower) and faster than even a BMW X5.

Both V6's have higher top speeds but this is because the forester is speed-limited to 225. But how many times are you going to reach that, especially since stock tires are usually rated only to 180.

The reason, this is so, I think is because even though the V6's have better numbers, they have 5-6 gears whereas the Forester has only 4 (allegedly Prodrive) gears. Plus the AWD gives it extra take off oomph (pero masama daw laging hataw sa take off lalo kung from idle).

The trade off, I think, is that at highway speeds, the V6's also have better fuel efficiency. The best I've gotten on my FXT is about 8-9.

In the end though, dahil magkakaiba sila supposedly ng strength, it would depend on what you're really looking for. Also, don't take our word for it -- test drive. Just don't do the forester first and don't bring takutin passengers.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Thanks pup2

I do want something I can "trash" around when needed... the reason for the FXT comparison

I feel City people only need acceleration rather than top speed. The enjoyment for me is there.

Camry is just a safer choice and honestly I do like it (even compared to the new Accord)... parang too late lang to get it... The FXT though is newer, which makes me think all over again. and for me, if you will get a subaru, get the turbo

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO, as mentioned above, the Accord is worth a look as its more fun to drive over the Camry which is a comfort cruiser (and is a more exclusive given the Camry is all over). The Accord and Camry also have better FC over the FXT AFAIK while service would be against the FXT as you're mainly relegated to one Subaru dealership for warranty and service.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Between the choices...

Get the Camry if you don't mind looking like an overly serious man. Get the Forester if you don't happen to have an off-roadable car. But since you want something to "trash" around, get a WRX for the win.

Oops...Wait, it'll be used by wife with driver? Get the Camry. I read that the Accord isn't as comfy as the Camry. Or if you're willing to compromise a bit of speed for looks, get the Mazda 6.
    Last edited by roberto_minosa; June 26th, 2009 at 03:14 PM.

fxt ako....pero honestly, i like the v6 legacy-outback, 5EAT(prodrive din daw), massive sunroof, full airbags, may SI-drive pa...pero wala na ata ung nagiisang outback sa MI.

better drive--3.5 v6 accord, w/ vcm--so pag cruising on the highway, matipid pa kasi 3-4 clylinders lang gagana.may traction control, at sunroof pa...and most of all-- di ka mukang DOM or "matandang amo"

maganda din i consider mo teana.. mas mura than the v6 accord/camry pero 2.4L lang makina...

mazda 6 ayaw mo?

pero honestly, if you really want speed, merong wrx-STI sa MI... kaya lang 6MT lang yun, not matic---pero MTs are great for thrashing around.ps: paalis mo ang speed limiter kung gusto mo talagang humataw...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Forester FXT VS Camry v6