The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    subbie no doubt!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kingperot24 View Post
    Go for the Forester 2.5XT, the Forester will give you the swagger that you need. haha. kidding. the Tucson looks good and has a good engine but if i were to choose, then i'd go for the Forester because it will give you more power than the Tucson and the thing is there are more Tucson's around compared to Forester 2.5XT. This will give you more uniqueness because there are not much Forester on the road.
    There are more Forester XT than Tucson R-eVGT Premium.

3:1 eh. 3 Forester XT is to 1 Tucson Premium which is mine. Wala ako nakikita Tucson R Premium kundi yung sa akin lang, unless na may EB kaming Tucson owners.. Dalawa kami
    ______

BTT: If you have the spare cash to spend on the maintenance, gas and mods, go for the Forester XT. Surely you'll enjoy that ride. ;)

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    There are more Forester XT than Tucson R-eVGT Premium.

3:1 eh. 3 Forester XT is to 1 Tucson Premium which is mine. Wala ako nakikita Tucson R Premium kundi yung sa akin lang, unless na may EB kaming Tucson owners.. Dalawa kami
    ______

BTT: If you have the spare cash to spend on the maintenance, gas and mods, go for the Forester XT. Surely you'll enjoy that ride. ;)
    Oh sorry for that sir SG. Baka yung mga nakikita ko e hindi yung eVGT Premium variants. haha! thank you for correcting me. hehe

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'd wait for Subaru to release a new transmission and engines locally.

The only places where the Forester is superior are the open (160-220 km/h) highway and off-road. In everyday use, the Tucson is better. Or... If you've got the money, the Santa Fe and Sorento now have 190 hp, and they're fricking quick. And huge. The Sorento, in particular, has great handling for it's size, to boot.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    I wonder what the FC of the current Tucson is. I used to own the older generation Tucson and got around 5.5 km/L - mostly city driving, working in Makati, going home to QC.

After much consideration, I finally got a replacement for that Tucson - and it's a Forester 2.5XT. It's definitely not a frugal choice though.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The ASX handles better than the Forester. The CR-V, about even, though the Forester has much more power.

In terms of roll-on power, close ang Forester XT at Tucson Diesel. The Tucson diesel has more gears and quicker low-end torque response... so the difference in city driving isn't that big (though the XT will eat it alive on the highway)...

Both have lots of glass area up top. I'd give the edge to the Forester slightly in terms of plastics and interior space, but the Tucson just has so much more in terms of toys going for it.
    sorry niky but i disagree with that one, for regular driving yes you can barely feel the difference, but ones both cars are pushed to their limits that's where the FXT shows it's true power. ASX i agree with you it's handling is pretty sharp.

the reason why the FXT when it comes to performance is the best choice is because the after market parts and upgrades available for the FXT are limitless, you can even use wrx/sti parts for it. that's why if you love performance this is the best choice since it can be modded to STi speeds or even faster and can even be modded to out handle a stock STi and evo. there is no other SUV/CUV in the same price range that has that much after market parts and engine potential compared to the FXT. and yes a lot of people mod their FXT's, actually i've seen more modded FXT's than stock.

and yes the transmission of the FXT sucks, it does the job but it could've been better. that's why for me the 06-07 FXT is the best FXT since that one is much ligher and faster than the current FXT. the old FXT can even do 0-100kmh in 5.3 sec. compared to the current FXT which can only do 0-100kmh in 6.3 sec.

the Tucson premium is a very great choice since it has every thing you'll want in an SUV/CUV. if you're not such a performance oriented guy then this will be your best choice. the only reason why i like the FXT so much is because i love performance and it is my priority, i'm the kind of guy who'd sacrifice comfort and luxury on a daily driven car as long as the performance makes up for it. that's why the tucson premium is only my 2nd choice until we get the turbo awd cx-7 and turbo awd sportage, then the tucson will only be my 4th choice.

so the fxt wins performance and build quality while the tucson wins everything else.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Definitely, the FXT wins with aftermarket... Like the older one myself... The old AT seems better able to deal with the extra torque of a modified engine... And it's more carlike.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    sorry niky but i disagree with that one, for regular driving yes you can barely feel the difference, but ones both cars are pushed to their limits that's where the FXT shows it's true power. ASX i agree with you it's handling is pretty sharp.

the reason why the FXT when it comes to performance is the best choice is because the after market parts and upgrades available for the FXT are limitless, you can even use wrx/sti parts for it. that's why if you love performance this is the best choice since it can be modded to STi speeds or even faster and can even be modded to out handle a stock STi and evo. there is no other SUV/CUV in the same price range that has that much after market parts and engine potential compared to the FXT. and yes a lot of people mod their FXT's, actually i've seen more modded FXT's than stock.

and yes the transmission of the FXT sucks, it does the job but it could've been better. that's why for me the 06-07 FXT is the best FXT since that one is much ligher and faster than the current FXT. the old FXT can even do 0-100kmh in 5.3 sec. compared to the current FXT which can only do 0-100kmh in 6.3 sec.

the Tucson premium is a very great choice since it has every thing you'll want in an SUV/CUV. if you're not such a performance oriented guy then this will be your best choice. the only reason why i like the FXT so much is because i love performance and it is my priority, i'm the kind of guy who'd sacrifice comfort and luxury on a daily driven car as long as the performance makes up for it. that's why the tucson premium is only my 2nd choice until we get the turbo awd cx-7 and turbo awd sportage, then the tucson will only be my 4th choice.

so the fxt wins performance and build quality while the tucson wins everything else.
    Eto ba yung meron pa STi variant ang Forester, bro ?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Dapat kasi meron FXT dito na 6 speed M/T, ewan lang kung hindi ako maglaway sa kakahataw niyan!
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Eto ba yung meron pa STi variant ang Forester, bro ?
    yup it is, and the regular fxt comes both with manual or auto tranny. also the stock manual tranny of the old fxt can handle up to 350whp before you need replace it. also back then all parts of subaru can be used by other subaru cars, meaning the parts of the STi will also fit the FXT so doing a full STi swap would be a lot easier and there we're more after market parts. ngayon kahit rims mag kaiba na size they changed the FXT's rims to 5x100.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Forester 2.5XT vs Tucson ReVGT 2.0L 4WD Premium