New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Been reading through a couple of threads and don't see any comparison between the 3 which are my current choices.

Which would you recommend in terms of practicality, good fuel consumption, durability, comfort and low maintenance cost?

Seen them all and like them all and this is going to be my first SUV so no idea which one is the best bang for the buck

Thanks in advance for sharing your inputs

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    here's my feed back for all 3 cars:

Xtrail: good ground clearance, best for off road out of the 3, has the most power out of the 3, good sound system. down side is bad FC, ride is a bit stiff.

forester: the best ride and performance out of the 3, huge sunroof, hid, comfy seats, awd, has the most leg room has the best and most helpful casa out of the 3. down side maintenance isn't that expensive but parts are expensive from casa, fc is also bad.

crv: good fc, cheap maintenance it's a honda what do you expect. down side is hard seats, stiff ride and a very boring car, 4x4 of this car is crap.

all 3 are reliable, but if you're looking for practicality crv is your best choice. the other 2 isn't known to be practical. all 3 has almost the same power naman pero xtrail will be the fastest in a straight line but not by that much. handling and over all performance forester hands down. crv if you're just looking for a car that will get you from point a to point b.

why not consider a tucson? good performance, great features, good fc not sure about maintenance though.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Forester, as proven already, is quite capable off road. Being able to tackle Mt. Pinatubo. But it's pig slow due to the already weak engine coupled to an ancient 4 speed A/T and the heavy full time AWD system. The CRV sucks off road, but is a good highway cruiser, though the FC of the 2.4 engine might be horrendous. The X-Trail has the most power, looks the best (for me, at least), is the biggest (I think), but has the worst FC due to it having the biggest engine. I wouldn't take any of the three. For on road performance, I'd get a Tucson or Santa Fe instead. For off road, in this category, I'd get the Suzuki Grand Vitara which has the Land Rover conquering Unibody chassis with built in ladder frame.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Get the one that captures your emotions, the one you really like, the one that you think will put a grin in your face every time you step in the car for at least 6 mos to 1 year. After that honeymoon stage if you don't want it anymore you can always sell it, at least priceless naman yung kasiyahang binigay sayo ng car mo

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    +1 sa grand vitara. Been using it for two months, and better than your choices bro. Legend sa offroad circles ang vitara eversince. FC is around 10 to 11 kms/liter mixed.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    The Forester, as proven already, is quite capable off road. Being able to tackle Mt. Pinatubo. But it's pig slow due to the already weak engine coupled to an ancient 4 speed A/T and the heavy full time AWD system. The CRV sucks off road, but is a good highway cruiser, though the FC of the 2.4 engine might be horrendous. The X-Trail has the most power, looks the best (for me, at least), is the biggest (I think), but has the worst FC due to it having the biggest engine. I wouldn't take any of the three. For on road performance, I'd get a Tucson or Santa Fe instead. For off road, in this category, I'd get the Suzuki Grand Vitara which has the Land Rover conquering Unibody chassis with built in ladder frame.
    Agree. Plus hard leather seats, stiff suspension and boring to drive. Pang-matanda kumbaga Pero gusto ko parin ito. Lalo na pag sa gabi gagamitin. Panalo yung HID Projector Headlights nya. Unlike yung H4 na walang kwenta sa Tucson.

Sa FC naman, depende parin yan sa driver. Pero kaya nyan umabot ng 6.9km/L sa traffic

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    for me the X-trail has the dullest exterior then the Subaru. boxy is out.

imho, pinakamaganda ang exterior ng CRV. then cheap to maintain pa sya in the long run and also has a great fc.

but i do agree sa isang post here, the Grand Vitara has the best exterior design.
    . it's just that i dont want to invest more than a million sa mga non top 4 car manufaturers dito sa Pilipinas. talo ka eh.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Thanks for all the inputs Sirs. 1 thing I forgot to mention is I need a big boot to haul stuff and the Tucson's boot is kinda small. I like the SantaFe and Sorento but price is above my budget. Oh forgot to mention, the Grand Vitara is 2wd and want to stick to a 4wd.

Since CRV's 4x4 is crappy as per feedback, choice is down to the Xtrail and Forester.

Would you guys know the FC of the Forester and the new Xtrail on city driving?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    forester FTW!! great ride quality.. best AWD between these 3.. great suspension..

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot View Post
    Thanks for all the inputs Sirs. 1 thing I forgot to mention is I need a big boot to haul stuff and the Tucson's boot is kinda small. I like the SantaFe and Sorento but price is above my budget. Oh forgot to mention, the Grand Vitara is 2wd and want to stick to a 4wd.

Since CRV's 4x4 is crappy as per feedback, choice is down to the Xtrail and Forester.

Would you guys know the FC of the Forester and the new Xtrail on city driving?
    the Grand Vitara has a full time 4x4 version mas mahal nga lang. this year lang ata nila nilabas yung 4x2 model.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Forester 2.0x or new Xtrail 2.5 4x4 or CRV 2.4 4x4