New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronney View Post
    sir, just wanted to know, if you were to choose, which would you prefer, Tucson GLS Theta II or GL CRDi?
    Hmmmm. I'll get the CRDi. Since naka CRDi din ako. hahaha!

Very powerful kasi. Fuel efficient. Pero mag ready ka sa maintenance cost.

Yung leather seats ng GLS Theta II, pwede naman ipakabit yan sa labas.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rossph View Post
    Just got my Escape last month. 4x2 XLT. Overall I'm quite satisfied. If you don't mind the "old model" look, I think this is the best value SUV out there. I think my only issue is the FC. 6.5 kms/L city. Although it should get better since kaka 1000kms ko pa lang.
    other negative issues aside from FC and "old look"?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Hmmmm. I'll get the CRDi. Since naka CRDi din ako. hahaha!

Very powerful kasi. Fuel efficient. Pero mag ready ka sa maintenance cost.

Yung leather seats ng GLS Theta II, pwede naman ipakabit yan sa labas.
    i've read negative issues about the GLS Theta II engine stalling? does it apply to the CRDi aswell? its on another thread here i came across but i couldnt find it.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    i've read negative issues about the GLS Theta II engine stalling? does it apply to the CRDi aswell? its on another thread here i came across but i couldnt find it.
    Nope and never.

Kaming mga CRDi owners walang complaint..

ay meron pala. Powerful engine. Hindi namin mapigilan na humataw ng humataw

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Nope and never.

but those concerns on the GLS Theta II are true? Just wanted to make sure that i will choose the right vehicle since half of the year I am out of the country so my wife will be the one to use it.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    but those concerns on the GLS Theta II are true? Just wanted to make sure that i will choose the right vehicle since half of the year I am out of the country so my wife will be the one to use it.
    Yeap. Really true.

want more?

Kalampagin ang stabilizer link.

Engine Tope.

Slight knocking kapag di maganda yung fuel na ikinarga.

At medyo malakas sa gas.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Yeap. Really true.

want more?

Kalampagin ang stabilizer link.

Engine Tope.

Slight knocking kapag di maganda yung fuel na ikinarga.

At medyo malakas sa gas.
    thanks alot for this! i guess i will have to remove the GLS Theta II from my shortlist and move up the GL CRDi up although, as you have mentioned, walang stock at kung magkaroon man, walang pila.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Nope and never.

Very true... With regards to maintenance cost slight diff lang naman comparing sa matitipid mo sa gas mo. Except for the base price ng gas and diesel engine before acquiring the unit. Mas less costly ang CRDI, except again kung may nasirang part sa iyo. Mas mahal nga ang parts and materials for crdi and PMS cost. Pero mas mura ang diesel and it consumes way less than the gas counterparts. The best part e you can't put a price on the fun of driving a crdi engine...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The engine issues sound more like a problem of bad gas. Cousin has had no issues so far with his 2.0, and I haven't noticed anything untoward with our test units.

We always fill up on the highway, though, and spend extra on the "better" gasolines.

I wouldn't consider it that big a deal. Many modern cars have issues with certain gasoline formulas, and some dealerships will give you warnings about what fuel to use in your car. (and it's not just the octane they consider)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The engine issues sound more like a problem of bad gas. Cousin has had no issues so far with his 2.0, and I haven't noticed anything untoward with our test units.

We always fill up on the highway, though, and spend extra on the "better" gasolines.

I wouldn't consider it that big a deal. Many modern cars have issues with certain gasoline formulas, and some dealerships will give you warnings about what fuel to use in your car. (and it's not just the octane they consider)
    may i ask which do they consider if not the octane?

Ford vs Mitsubishi vs Hyundai