New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    you have a growing family pala. my advice to you is not included on the list.
    its the Nissan Grand Livina. Cost under a mil, option to seat 6-7 people. Cool aircon. Good engine. oh and its less than 4.5meters long. Its really very practical, hindered only by looks which not everyone can appreciate. Personally, its not bad looking at all. HTH

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mschumacher View Post
    I think he has 3 kids and so hindi pwede ang maliit na car. Kung ako ang tatanungin I like the fiesta the most pero he needs a bigger car and something with a cargo space.
    sir, that is correct, going on 3. I have read some issues on the tucson GLS A/T, hope its not the case with the crdi. are the prices posted fixed?or pwede pa humingi ng discount?

Quote Originally Posted by jaded View Post
    if you're willing to wait go for the tucson, pero kung gusto mo walang pila sir try the asx para maiba naman. ive heard good feedbacks from my sales agent here in cebu regarding it's fuel consumption.
    sir, may i know the fc of the asx?thanks

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dcph172 View Post
    you have a growing family pala. my advice to you is not included on the list.
    its the Nissan Grand Livina. Cost under a mil, option to seat 6-7 people. Cool aircon. Good engine. oh and its less than 4.5meters long. Its really very practical, hindered only by looks which not everyone can appreciate. Personally, its not bad looking at all. HTH
    ok sir, il check on it.thanks!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The ASX is fairly new so don't expect people to have real-world figures yet. But it's got the same drivetrain as the Lancer EX except with a less aerodynamic and heavier body. The Lancer EX can do 7-8 km/l in city driving, which is about average for a 2.0 liter car. Given this and the added bulk of the ASX, I would say you would be looking at 6.5-7.5 km/l, probably worse.

I really don't recommend the ASX, especially for your use. First, it's got less cargo space than a Honda Jazz (yes, despite it being bigger). Second, it's not really economical. Third, it doesn't really offer the stance of a compact SUV because it's just barely 3 inches higher than a Lancer EX. In other words, you only get a car that looks like an SUV and drinks fuel like a thirsty SUV, but without the added practicality, space and height of an SUV. And there's one last reason why the ASX isn't a good buy - at that price, you could get a Tucson GLS 4x2.

Now the case of the Tucson being dime a dozen on the roads today isn't like the Fortuner. While the Fortuner was a niche-maker that had the brand image of Toyota to help its sales skyrocket to the roof, the Tucson is common because it's just that good of a car. It's not alone in the overpopulated compact SUV segment. It's a Hyundai so the badge in itself has no gravitas. Yet, it has managed to unseat the CR-V as the king of compact SUVs practically overnight. How? It's a combination of good looks, well-thought of specs, powerful and efficient engine, and best of all, unbeatable value for money. For 1.158M, you get the same features as other compact SUVs which are all priced at ~1.3M or above (sans the aging Escape).

Actually, since all your kids are youngsters, the Fiesta wouldn't be too small for you. I come from a family of 3 kids as well, and we've never owned an SUV yet I managed to live my whole childhood with a sedan and very rarely have we thought we needed more space. Only times we felt an SUV/MPV would be better was during outings where we'd either fill the trunk to the brim literally, or have a 6th passenger in the form of another relative.

If you think the Fiesta is too small, why not consider compact cars? Those are more economical than compact SUVs, and I'm pretty sure the space would be just right for you, your wife and your offspring. Focus TDCi is priced like the Tucson GLS but has a diesel already. Civic, Corolla and Mazda 3 are around the same price and have lots and lots of features. Cruze is even cheaper (even the top of the line model) but is well kitted and spacious already.

The 1.2M budget range offers the most diversity when it comes to car choice so it's easy to get confused as to what to buy. Nonetheless, as long as you determine for sure what you prioritize in buying a car, you're bound to get a good purchase.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ASX - overpriced and ugly. hate that ex face that's slapped on a mini-suv.

Fiesta, Jazz etc. - too small. kids might not feel comfortable inside as they will have lesser space to move into.

Tucson - line is long. maintenance is somewhat expensive ( crdi ) and there are some problems on the theta II variants.

Altis - fresh looks. updated design. visit a toyota dealer and see if you'll like the new design. because for me, only the color white looks good in the current look of it.

Civic - too old. Though fun to drive, it might need a very new design some other time.

Cruze - very nice. plush seats. price is fair. FC is not so, and maintenance, not sure.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Mazda CX-7 perhaps? I wanted to get this instead of the Tucson because I liked how it handled more than the Tucson but the family disliked the looks of the CX-7.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The ASX is fairly new so don't expect people to have real-world figures yet. But it's got the same drivetrain as the Lancer EX except with a less aerodynamic and heavier body. The Lancer EX can do 7-8 km/l in city driving, which is about average for a 2.0 liter car. Given this and the added bulk of the ASX, I would say you would be looking at 6.5-7.5 km/l, probably worse.

I really don't recommend the ASX, especially for your use. First, it's got less cargo space than a Honda Jazz (yes, despite it being bigger). Second, it's not really economical. Third, it doesn't really offer the stance of a compact SUV because it's just barely 3 inches higher than a Lancer EX. In other words, you only get a car that looks like an SUV and drinks fuel like a thirsty SUV, but without the added practicality, space and height of an SUV. And there's one last reason why the ASX isn't a good buy - at that price, you could get a Tucson GLS 4x2.

Now the case of the Tucson being dime a dozen on the roads today isn't like the Fortuner. While the Fortuner was a niche-maker that had the brand image of Toyota to help its sales skyrocket to the roof, the Tucson is common because it's just that good of a car. It's not alone in the overpopulated compact SUV segment. It's a Hyundai so the badge in itself has no gravitas. Yet, it has managed to unseat the CR-V as the king of compact SUVs practically overnight. How? It's a combination of good looks, well-thought of specs, powerful and efficient engine, and best of all, unbeatable value for money. For 1.158M, you get the same features as other compact SUVs which are all priced at ~1.3M or above (sans the aging Escape).

Actually, since all your kids are youngsters, the Fiesta wouldn't be too small for you. I come from a family of 3 kids as well, and we've never owned an SUV yet I managed to live my whole childhood with a sedan and very rarely have we thought we needed more space. Only times we felt an SUV/MPV would be better was during outings where we'd either fill the trunk to the brim literally, or have a 6th passenger in the form of another relative.

If you think the Fiesta is too small, why not consider compact cars? Those are more economical than compact SUVs, and I'm pretty sure the space would be just right for you, your wife and your offspring. Focus TDCi is priced like the Tucson GLS but has a diesel already. Civic, Corolla and Mazda 3 are around the same price and have lots and lots of features. Cruze is even cheaper (even the top of the line model) but is well kitted and spacious already.

The 1.2M budget range offers the most diversity when it comes to car choice so it's easy to get confused as to what to buy. Nonetheless, as long as you determine for sure what you prioritize in buying a car, you're bound to get a good purchase.
    thanks for the detailed one!as for the tucson GLS theta II, i have read some negative issues, though I dont really know if thats true. Do u have an idea on its CRDi brothers? One of the reasons that I wanted to stick with crossovers is the ground clearance. Perfect for our roads there in the phils.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    ASX - overpriced and ugly. hate that ex face that's slapped on a mini-suv.

Fiesta, Jazz etc. - too small. kids might not feel comfortable inside as they will have lesser space to move into.

Tucson - line is long. maintenance is somewhat expensive ( crdi ) and there are some problems on the theta II variants.

Altis - fresh looks. updated design. visit a toyota dealer and see if you'll like the new design. because for me, only the color white looks good in the current look of it.

Civic - too old. Though fun to drive, it might need a very new design some other time.

Cruze - very nice. plush seats. price is fair. FC is not so, and maintenance, not sure.
    thanks! long line for the CRDi's aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by jetrone View Post
    Mazda CX-7 perhaps? I wanted to get this instead of the Tucson because I liked how it handled more than the Tucson but the family disliked the looks of the CX-7.
    CX-7 for me looks really good. the only thing not making it in my list is because of its size and of course, above my budget.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Or you can check Xtrail 2.0L. I think it's only P1.1M without discounts yet.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sachiel View Post
    Or you can check Xtrail 2.0L. I think it's only P1.1M without discounts yet.
    I think the x-trail is more than 4.5 meters?please correct me if im wrong. I have limited garage space. Anyways, I will check again. Thanks!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Ford vs Mitsubishi vs Hyundai