The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by eurie
    malupit ang rs bro!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Kung everyday use lang naman, i'll go for Altis 1.8G...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    RS mas pogi.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    ... Medyo mahal nga lang ang mga engine parts at accessories dahil sa casa ka lang makakapunta, pero worth it, para sa akin.
    I am a prospective buyer of a Ford Lynx RS to replace one of my Toyotas. I found a couple of 2nd hand 2005 models for sale:

(1) all stock unit with only 8K on the odo; OR
    (2) a modified unit with I/H/E modifications plus HIDS but with 20K on the odo.

Both are Infared color and in good conditions. I may be able to get any of the 2 units at a little less than PhP600K but I have not decided which one to get.

I've done alot of research on the Lynx RS and practically all the reviews are positive. I having some reservations though with respect to the cost of ownership. I've been used to owning Toyotas (almost all my previous and present cars are Toyotas) and to its relatively affordable maintenance and repairs.

Questions, Sir:

1. So how expenseive is it to maintain a Ford?
    2. Are there really no parts available outside the CASA? Are there no replacement parts?
    3. Do you know of non-casa car shops who do Fords and provide good but affordable service and repairs?

Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Regular maintenance slots in between 2,600-4,000 per oil change, depending on what needs to be done. I once spent 9k, but that's major (includes all fluids + gear oil + spark plugs + fully synthetic, etc, etc, etc).

So far, most RSs are still nearly brand new. No one has yet had to replace suspension parts. And with such stiff tuning, the springs and shocks should last a long time before needing replacement.

The supposedly problematic parts on the 1.6 Lynx, the cam position sensor (up to 2001 only... newer Lynxes have a revised CPS, costs 4,600 pesos at Ford) and the MAF (may get dirty or erratic with aftermarket airfilters) are not shared between the 1.6 and 2.0, so there's no reason to believe the 2.0 will suffer the same problems.

I know just one owner in our group who has experienced a major problem. His ECU crashed, and they're trying to figure out what happened. This is likely a freak occurence, and no one else has reported it here or in the US. Other mechanical failures for RSs are usually the fault of the owner... one from overboosting with a turbo, another from over-revving (he removed his rev-limiter and ran the car pretty hard).

If you have problems:

Most electronics and sensors cost under 5000 pesos at the casa. It's trim parts and cosmetics that are kind of expensive.

There are parts for suspension and accessories outside, but finding engine accessories and parts outside may be difficult, as they are not shared with other Lynxes/323s.

And take note, the suspension tuning is different from the other Lynxes, so you can't just buy stock 1.6 shocks and springs off-the-shelf. Better to upgrade to aftermarket H&Rs.

Fordland in Banaue supposedly carries Lynx parts. But be careful about mixing suspension parts, because the tuning, like I said, is different.

It's just like owning an SiR. Some pieces from the VTi, you can use, for others, you just have to pay the extra cash and get the nice stuff.

_____

Between your two choices, get the 8000km one... but if the modified one has original Taiwanese/US headers and mid-pipe, go ahead, knock yourself out. Just make sure the engine bay sensors are well insulated (wrapped) and be aware that some service advisors consider headers a valid reason to void your engine warranty (unless you sweet talk them).

And don't use the Shell Fully Synthetic at the casa. at 15w40, it's too thick, and it makes the engine a bit sluggish. I've switched back to the mineral 10w. Stick with 10w or 5w oil if you use synth. But note that non-Shell engine oils are also considered warranty voiding by the casa.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    ang tagal na ng thread kong eto.. pero hangang ngayun di pa din ako nakakakuha ng RS... ang hirap mag hanap... lahat ng car clubs web pinuntahan ko na...

meron pa isa sa HCP buy and sell section 2004 Ford rs 500k lng sme day nabili din...

currently meron sa buy and sell 520k di naman nag rrply...

hanap uli...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    May feelers ang dalawang members ng www.fordclubph.com sa website. One is lady driven (I know the lady... ) and as all-stock as you can get. Di ko alam kung seryoso, bro, but you can give it a try.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    arvic, need mo pa pala rs...pm kita pag meron yung kakilala ko...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think for most people, RS ang pipiliin if factor ang performance at value... pero kung sa mga point a to point b plus resale, altis mas logical...

personally, RS ako, gwapo ng porma eh hehe

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    May feelers ang dalawang members ng www.fordclubph.com sa website. One is lady driven (I know the lady... ) and as all-stock as you can get. Di ko alam kung seryoso, bro, but you can give it a try.

I already PM her.. no rply up to now... next week makukuha na yung ride ko ala pa kapalit.. huhuhu....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Ford Rs Vs Altis