New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Hi,

We are planning to buy either a ranger or a navara. So our budget is 1.5m. We want comfort, features and power and fuel consumption. We will be using it as a daily drive but will also use it to load stuff during the weekends.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Ford wildtrack

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chicosci View Post
    Hi,

We are planning to buy either a ranger or a navara. So our budget is 1.5m. We want comfort, features and power and fuel consumption. We will be using it as a daily drive but will also use it to load stuff during the weekends.

Thanks.

The Navara 4x4 has more power, but from what I'm seeing, the fuel economy of the 2.2 Ranger is better. (Have not had a chance to do eco-testing on the new 158 hp variant, though).

Load capacity, I think I'd give it to the Ranger, but you give up ride comfort to get that load capacity. The Navara has a much better ride. Only nit with driving it is the steering is very heavy.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    How heavy is your load during weekends?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Currently since construction ng house so not that heavy naman all the time. Basically ndi naman all the heavy ang load nya.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Navara 4x4 has more power, but from what I'm seeing, the fuel economy of the 2.2 Ranger is better. (Have not had a chance to do eco-testing on the new 158 hp variant, though).

Load capacity, I think I'd give it to the Ranger, but you give up ride comfort to get that load capacity. The Navara has a much better ride. Only nit with driving it is the steering is very heavy.
    I see. Yeah navarra has the power. Ang mahal na kasi ng 4x4 na ranger eh. Mukang comfort lang talaga ang selling point ng navara for me. Do have info on the consumption of the 3.2l 4x4 ranger? Thanks

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I see. Yeah navarra has the power. Ang mahal na kasi ng 4x4 na ranger eh. Mukang comfort lang talaga ang selling point ng navara for me. Do have info on the consumption of the 3.2l 4x4 ranger? Thanks

In traffic, they're about the same. In the 6-ish region.

The Ranger is relatively good on the highway. 18 km/l is possible with a super light foot, but typically, you won't get much better than 14-16 out of either at a normal 80-90 km/h cruise.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    np300 for me
    have you considered the new dmax 3.0 2016 or hilux G?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Currently since construction ng house so not that heavy naman all the time. Basically ndi naman all the heavy ang load nya.

Ranger ka nalang.... build to haul stuff's pero hindi naman sobrang jarry ang ride...

Navarra, maganda suspension... but kung suspension habol mo... get a car or a suv nalang...

kung utilitarian ang need mo, Ranger ka... but if you wont load anything heavier than 250kgs... maganda din naman ang navarra... kaso nga lang kumakain ng oil... i find it to be a quality and reliability issue sa engine... i dont know kung ano ang sagot ng nissan dito na acceptable...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pctechphcom View Post
    np300 for me
    have you considered the new dmax 3.0 2016 or hilux G?
    Hilux kasi tagtag daw eh..havent checked the new dmax.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast