New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Old, old video. They're using the old D-Max and the old Ranger.
    yup (2010) video.....strada,hilux,amarok & navara still comparable.. di naman yearly nila ginagawa yan..

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by subaru_sti View Post
    yup (2010) video.....strada,hilux,amarok & navara still comparable.. di naman yearly nila ginagawa yan..
    Yes, but a bit irrelevant because the new Ranger is on the top of jegger's list and the test shows the old model.
    More recent comparison tests show that the new Ranger is a close 2nd to the Amarok which supposedly is more premium and refined.
    The Amarok is not available here though and even if VW does decide to bring it in, it being sourced farther away (it's built in Germany and Argentina), the Amarok would probably cost more than the ASEAN Ford Ranger.

Last edited by AG4; September 26th, 2013 at 09:18 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Yes, but a bit irrelevant because the new Ranger is on the top of jegger's list and the test shows the old model.
    More recent comparison tests show that the new Ranger is a close 2nd to the Amarok which supposedly is more premium and refined.
    The Amarok is not available here though and even if VW does decide to bring it in, it being sourced farther away (it's built in Germany and Argentina), the Amarok would probably cost more than the ASEAN Ford Ranger.

Amarok din sana is a good contender in the pick-up segment here in the Philippines kaya lang mukhang malabo talaga noh.. Kung dumating yan dito at the same price range baka mapabago isip ko. hehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Ford Ranger is a good competition for strada, navarra and hilux. But my worry is the dependability of ranger in the long run since it is new one. Is it right to say that engine run on turbo is far under stress than without a turbo given the same size of engine, unless it is ranger 3.2 wildtrak and How about the issue of spare parts supply of ford?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jegger View Post
    Amarok din sana is a good contender in the pick-up segment here in the Philippines kaya lang mukhang malabo talaga noh.. Kung dumating yan dito at the same price range baka mapabago isip ko. hehe
    Have you test driven the new Ranger?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Not yet sir. Just waiting for my dad na dumating this October then schedule kami test drive. Kami kasi magdecide kasi hati kami. Pero unang kita kasi namin dito sa ranger medyo nabighani kami kahit the XLT variant lang. We've already tried the Hilux ok naman po no negative comment about the Hilux.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Yes sir. Isa kasi ito sa choices ko. Na test drive ko narin ang navara, strada & hilux.

& I choose hilux

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    i'm considering on the attributes of the colorado since i have a greater chance of remapping the ecu of which i'm already quite familiar.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jegger View Post
    Not yet sir. Just waiting for my dad na dumating this October then schedule kami test drive. Kami kasi magdecide kasi hati kami. Pero unang kita kasi namin dito sa ranger medyo nabighani kami kahit the XLT variant lang. We've already tried the Hilux ok naman po no negative comment about the Hilux.
    I see, can't go wrong with the Ranger.
    Plus points, it won the "2013 International Pick-Up Award".

Ford's acclaimed midsizer has just racked up another award in the form of the 2013 International Pick-Up Award. The award was presented at the Fleet Transport Expo 12 event in Dublin, Ireland. The Ranger was such an overwhelming favorite among the judges that it was awarded more total points than the second-place Isuzu D-Max and third-place Volkswagen Amarok combined.
    - Ford Ranger Wins 2013 International Pick-Up of the Year Award - Truck Trend News
    Last edited by AG4; September 27th, 2013 at 06:37 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by subaru_sti View Post
    Ford Ranger is a good competition for strada, navarra and hilux. But my worry is the dependability of ranger in the long run since it is new one. Is it right to say that engine run on turbo is far under stress than without a turbo given the same size of engine, unless it is ranger 3.2 wildtrak and How about the issue of spare parts supply of ford?
    I believe the old adage "there's no replacement for displacement" is like E=mc squared.

Just my opinion

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast