New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vadvan
    Sa dami kc ng car show na nakita ko (d2 lang sa pinas), almost honda dominates the population by 52% sa compact cars class (but thats wat i c lang hehehe).
    thats whhy i chose the RS, 200+ lang ang total units here in the phils. lalo na yung CE, 100 units... feeling ko kasi special ako pag limited units lang. hehe

by the way, just dropped by at ford quezon ave earlier to buy a blank spare key... di ko alam gawa pala sa ginto yun, P2,275 for just a KEY! wow! kala ko mahal na yung sa honda which ranges to 150-200. kay mr. quickie na lang ako.

anyway, back to RS...may 1 bnew unit pa sa quezon ave. (3 last units according to carlocaraddict)

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by baiskee

anyway, back to RS...may 1 bnew unit pa sa quezon ave. (3 last units according to carlocaraddict)
    Meron pa? Magkano ba ang benta niyan ngayon?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Kung 800k pa rin, then that's a steal!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ewan nga...itong si carlocaraddict sabi P600K na lang daw... di ko lang alam kung niloloko ako. di ko lang na confirm dun sa agent kasi may kausap at nagmamadali na ko dahil nung time na yun...tuliro pa rin ako dun sa presyo nung susi.

600K or 800K its a bargain with all the features included. Bili bili na

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    If you will be acquiring an RS 2k4 right now, after 3 yrs, what are the parts that my RS will be needed, and where i could get that, and to how much kaya? kc since RS is very limited baka ung mga basic spare parts is kelangan ko pa mag-import

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The biggest problem in parts for the RS will be the engine electronics and sensors, as they aren't shared with other Lynx cars. The engine itself is fairly common, and a lot of internals are still the same as the 626.

Everything else can utilize parts from the 1.6 Lynx (underchassis and suspension) or aftermarket parts (shocks, springs) made for the 1.6. But I'm not sure how advisable it'll be to mix and match suspension pieces from the two cars.

Yes, it won't be as easy to maintain as a typical 1.6 car, but then, SiR parts aren't exactly dirt cheap either... but they're everywhere.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    The biggest problem in parts for the RS will be the engine electronics and sensors, as they aren't shared with other Lynx cars. The engine itself is fairly common, and a lot of internals are still the same as the 626.

Everything else can utilize parts from the 1.6 Lynx (underchassis and suspension) or aftermarket parts (shocks, springs) made for the 1.6. But I'm not sure how advisable it'll be to mix and match suspension pieces from the two cars.

Yes, it won't be as easy to maintain as a typical 1.6 car, but then, SiR parts aren't exactly dirt cheap either... but they're everywhere.
    What po kaya ung probability magkaron ng sira ung engine electronics and sensors ng rs lynx? How much po kaya ang gagastusin kapag nangyari i2? Do i have to import parts pa po ba when this happen?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I've checked Ford Quezon Ave., they still a brand new unit of Lynx RS (red) 2004, they are selling it for 839,000.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Go ahead and get it! That's a steal!

As regards to electronics, it depends on how you use it. The MAF is the most sensitive electronic part on the car, and it will only go bad if you use a very poor aftermarket air-filter (like a bottom-of-the-shelf Simota or stainless mesh) and live in a dirty environment. That's a common problem with all MAF-equipped cars. It's easy to clean and cheap to replace. If you use a good air-filter (K&N, HKS, etcetera, or even a newer Simota) or use a stock air filter, you should have no problems for at least 100,000 km.

Other sensors, like the crank-angle sensor and electricals, like the ignition coil, will last a very long time. My crank-angle sensor on the 626 went out at 160,000 kms, but only because the car had overheated due to worn radiator hoses (stupid me!). Ignition coils on early 1.6 Lynxes would go out due to poor design, but later 1.6s and the 2.0s have a more robust and long-lived ignition coil that should last well past 100,000 kms.

The ECU? It will most likely last longer than the car.

In other words, the uncommon parts that will be hard to replace will usually last a long time. The only thing you will have to fix within the first 100,000 kms will likely be suspension bushings and wheel bearings. I'm at 45,000 kms, and the only major non-accident repair I've had is replacing the battery and some light bulbs. I have a suspicion that I need to check my aircon pulley and belt, but it still runs fine, nonetheless.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by niky; August 2nd, 2006 at 02:50 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Ford Lynx RS 2004 v.s. Honda Civic VTI-S 2005