New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    according to their web site this is so... same spec as before, but lower price: 759k instead of 799k for the manual tranny. And now ditched the MZR-Z6 engine for the 1.8L one.

Looks like a winner.. 759k vs 767k for the Civic FD. and you get airbag and ABS (but only 123hp vs 140hp and certainly lower fuel mileage)

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    They need to compete. They've moved the entire price range down to slot the Focus 2.0 TDCi at the top.

The 2.0 gas version now lacks a sunroof, but is priced at 999k (I think).

The 1.8 MT should be a decent kick in the pants compared to the 2.0 AT.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    The 1.6L Mazda3's are beginning to look more and more pitiful with their long-in-the-tooth MZR-Z6 engines.

And my gas mileage dropped to 6.8 km/L on one tank!

I'm sure my neighbor/former colleague who just got a 1.3L Honda City will be having a good laugh at my (relatively) astronomical fuel consumption and lack of power..

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    6.8! wow thats 3.0 outlander city FC territory

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    according to their web site this is so... same spec as before, but lower price: 759k instead of 799k for the manual tranny. And now ditched the MZR-Z6 engine for the 1.8L one.

Looks like a winner.. 759k vs 767k for the Civic FD. and you get airbag and ABS (but only 123hp vs 140hp and certainly lower fuel mileage)
    yo orly. ang galing, kakita ko nga lang ng 1.8L trend focus sa ford website. nagulat nga ako sa 759k price tag. looks like a steal

tapos nag-google ako ng "ford focus trend", no. 4 itong thread mo.

concerned lang ako sa mileage. kaya i'm really considering the new vios 1.5G (even the 1.3E). kaso gusto ko din medyo may power. para pagnagkakarera ako sa c5 going to/from work hehe

saka sabi nila mahal daw maintenance ng ford. at mababa resale. pero i guess compared to the vios, the trend will still fetch for a good 2nd hand price

lou

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    mababa resale, yes. maintenance is OK.

i am not afraid of focus maintenance i am maintaining a 14-year old Mazda 626. Ford (Lynx, Focus) are both Mazda cars (323, Mazda3) underneath anyway.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    ako 13 year old corolla
    kaya may bias ako sa vios. but that's another story hehe

according to http://www.fueleconomy.gov the 2.0L focus has mpg than the 2.0L civic. di ko alam kung apples to apples yung comparison since premium gas yung data for the civic, regular sa focus.

walang data nung 1.8L focus

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Wala namang airbag ang Trend..Pero may ABS sya...

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Wala namang airbag ang Trend..Pero may ABS sya...
    The Trend has a driver's front airbag. No airbag for the front passenger.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    may Ford FOcus 1.8 Hatchback na ah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ford Focus Trend now has 1.8L engine?!