New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Any one who have Focus 2.0L TDi please share its performance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Bakit nga ba wala pa rin taung naririnig sa mga owners ng Focus TDi. Well, cguro, no post, no prob, lol!

For d comparison, pang growing family ang Carens kaya mukang d na naman match.

For practicality, alam mo na cguro. Kasi mukang kotse pa rin naman ang Carens at d pa masyadong Dad look lalo na sa ordinayong mata. Pero cyempre lalamang sa performance ang Focus.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    focus! kahit pang family, pang gimick , outing...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Ford Focus. If im considering the Innova-like specs but i like sportier looks, i'd go Carens.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rvt View Post
    Any one who have Focus 2.0L TDi please share its performance.
    isn't this like comparing apples to oranges (focus vs carens)?... the only thing they have in common is they are both diesel and have four wheels.

Anyway, the focus diesel is quick, very quick. The turbo diesel engine gives the Focus good acceleration performance figures while keeping the fuel bills to a reasonable amount. The engine is relatively smooth and quiet. The obvious giveaway would be when the engine is idling cold, otherwise it would be hard to tell the difference from the gasoline fed Focus 2.0L.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; November 2nd, 2007 at 03:08 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depends on the requirement. I think both rides are quick for their respective segments. If you're single or you're just getting married without plans of having a big family, take the Focus. If you've got a family, or are the barkada driver, take the Carens.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I think practical choice parin ang Carens CRDI..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    And it's not TDi. That's the previous generation Focus diesel. Our local Focus is TDCi.

The Focus is much quieter than the Carens (the Carens' engine is loud when you rev it), handles better, has ABS and airbags, has more torque and has a stronger clutch.

The Carens has more seats.

Both cars have pretty poor plastic interiors compared to, say, a Honda Civic... but they look and feel better than your typical Innova.

But they're different cars, for different segments, and the Carens is very good value for its price (the base model is a great buy, considering you don't get ABS with the top-of-the-line Carens).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Maybe you can check out www.bigbigcar.com They have tested the carens and the focus tdci last week.
    Carens has more seats although the third row seats has little leg room than the second row seats.Both are comfortable.
    I'd still go for the focus because its quick and overtaking is easy.
    Go Focus!!!
    I hope they could change the mags or add something that can distinguish the diesel and the gas focus because everytime I see one I always asked my self "is that a diesel or gas?".

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I'd definitely go for focus... a really nice looking car... and a nice looking ford consultant... :-) go girls!!!
    ask the expert...Yohann 09287422584

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ford Focus TDi Vs. Carens Diesel