New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you decided on getting a mazda3 2.0 liter or any variant, pm me. maybe i can help you.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    iha go for the safe bet yet practical, swift is a good choice a uni*** car. yung focus sport is great but presents a more boy type driver and the rear headroom... parang tintraining ka na magkaroon ng osteoporosis sa pagyuko mo. mazda 3 hatch is ok too but underpowered, go for 2.0 liter variant instead of the hatch.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    wish ko din sana nung paggraduate ko nung hs niregaluhan din ako ng erpats ko ng kahit na 2nd hand ride lang, nagcommute pako ng 2 years...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Im basing it at

1. Girl
    2. 17 years old
    3. "I'm more concerned with looks, performance and aftersales service"

Mazda Hatch - looks will appeal to most college people, though personally I prefer the focus (but you might end up looking to young for the car)

At least the mazda will look that you own it, rather than borrowed from Daddy or Kuya

Regarding performance, should be more than enough for a 1st time car owner; girl even!

The swift is great! but you might want to bring along some friends... college parties

just my 2 cents

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    1) Di ba magiging hassle, maintenance wise, dahil sa low quality ng diesel dito?

2) Di ba ma-aapektohan ang reliability ng turbo dahil sa sobrang init dito sa Pinas?

3) Di ba kalamapagin ang pang-ilalim?
    1.) Depends on the injection system. So far, new Isuzus and Hyundais seem to have no problems, while the previous Trooper and current Toyotas are more problematic. If Ford's new Everest and Ranger hold up okay, the Focus should do well.

2.) Depends again on the design. Small cars with bigger engines, it's true, suffer more from the heat than bigger vehicles with larger engine bays. Take the Lynx RS and Civic 2.0, for example, which lose a lot of power from heat soak in traffic.

But an intercooler will take care of some of those issues, and like Jun said, if you don't spool up when it's too hot (many Evo owners and custom-turbo set-up guys are conscious of this), you should be okay.

3.) Wala pa masyadong issue sa kalampag ang Focus, since it's set up a bit soft naman (compared to the Lynx, which many felt was "kalampagin" simply because it lacked sound insulation). A turbodiesel Focus should be no more prone to kalampag than a regular 2.0 Focus.

The one current mass-market car with kalampag issues right now is the Jazz, simply because it's so stiff.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Suzuki Swift!!.. Asteegg...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'd stick with the Focus. I don't see how it could be Daddy or Kuya's car. if people think it looks too expensive to be yours, so much the better.

The Mazda 3 and Swift look good too. But, they have that "boy-racer" look which I'm not sure will appeal to everyone. The Focus on the other hand has that "classy" look. At least to me, it looks the most uni*** of the 3.

A couple of people had thought my 2006 Sonata V6 was an Audi when viewed from the side. I didn't mind. They were the ones who were surprised to find out it's a Hyundai.... same thing with the Focus.

Add: Good matchup of the 3, though.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; February 22nd, 2007 at 08:31 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Interior wise, mazda3. Pedals wise too...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i prefer mazda3 2.0L daming features mas bagay sa babae
    second would be the HATCH
    third would be the SWIFT

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    ayaw ko na pala ng focus, 6KM/L daw to eh..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Ford Focus Sport, Suzuki Swift or Mazda 3 Hatchback?