New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    I wanted to buy a new car or second hand pwede rin. I'm kinda torn between the

1) Ford Fiesta hatchback
    2) Honda Jazz
    3) Toyota Yaris

Need the car para sa bf ko, for us to use during the weekend. I live in Eastwood and work in BGC, so everyday P20 lang pamasahe ko. never thought of wanted to buy a car because meron din kasi free resort world shuttle sa baba ng condo namin. Every morning I take the P20 Citylink bus to market market and pag uwi meron free Resort world shuttle sa Burgos circle going to RWM and from there I just take their free RWM to Eastwood. so wala ako gastos sa pag uwi. very convenient and never had any issue with going somewhere during the weekend for me. If I wanted to go to Chinatown, I will just take the free RWM shuttle going to RWM and hop on to their Lucky Chinatown shuttle sa RWM. may driver na, Grandea pa yun sasakyan.

Every since nagka bf ako, 1 year na kami, we always talk about road trip. Si bf kasi dati rin sya nag drive ng shuttle and also sa mga hotels. kaya pwede nya sideline for uber or Grab. However, i don't want to use my salary to pay for the monthly amortization of the car. I can afford naman yun monthly because my gross is almost 90k/month, pero hindi ko kasi sya kelangan like for daily use. Ang mahal ng parking sa BGC, like P110 per day plus gas. P20 lang yun daily pamasahe ko noh...hahahaha...

Need ko lang sa car is for road trip and for Friday weekend use lang. For him, gawin na lang nya Uber or Grab then mag resign sya sa work nya. Maliit lang kasi salary nya, like my tax is even higher than his salary. kaya gusto nya rin mag Uber/Grab to save up for franchise ng milk tea shop kasi. hehehe..

I was able to sit on the driver seat ng Ford Fiesta and I got to say sya yun pinaka comfy for me. I also tried the new Jazz, pero kasi parang hindi ko gusto yun model parang maliit na Avanza. hahahaha.. I really like the old model jazz, but this new one, the design is not great. I haven't tried the Yaris yet, maybe next week check ko sa Toyota BGC. Though si bf yun mag drive most of the time, and I was just learning to drive pa lang, he said na kung alin comfortable for me to drive ok sa kanya.

I need your advice in long term alin sa 3 choices ko hindi ako sasakit ulo kung nasira or whatever will happen. Also, sino sa 3 mas matibay if ever nabanga sa puno or sa poste.. hehehe...

and one last question, medyo out of the topic of cars.. I have 3 bottles of San Mig Apple flavor sa ref for 2 months na. may expiration ba? sorry, wala ako matanungan dito ngayon. hehehehe

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    tingnan nyo po nang ma-ige ang sisidlan. may expiration date sila, hindi lang madaling makita minsan.

you will buy your bf a car so he can uber it ? i suppose, all the money issues are in order? o, pag-uusapan (pag-aawayan!) na lang yan kapag nandiyan na?

if the major need is the occasional jaunt, hire a car or take the taxi, po. it's cheaper in the long run. and no maintenance issues.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 4th, 2016 at 09:47 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    ^thanks sa advice pero hindi ko makita yun date. I drank a bottle while back let's see if I'll be alive tomorrow.

Anyways, don't worry kung pagaawayan namin yan or not. I can pay for it naman if ever we broke up or what. I also wanted a car for once in a while use, that is kung mag break na kami. parking is no issue. meron kasama 2 parking slot yun condo ng family ko and we are currently renting one out to other unit owner who needs an extra slot.

I've been watching a lot of YT reviews lately and my bf also likes the jazz. baka mag jazz na lang kami pero still like to hear your opinion coz maganda yun porma ng Fiesta for me.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MissKraysie View Post
    ^thanks sa advice pero hindi ko makita yun date. I drank a bottle while back let's see if I'll be alive tomorrow.

Anyways, don't worry kung pagaawayan namin yan or not. I can pay for it naman if ever we broke up or what. I also wanted a car for once in a while use, that is kung mag break na kami. parking is no issue. meron kasama 2 parking slot yun condo ng family ko and we are currently renting one out to other unit owner who needs an extra slot.

I've been watching a lot of YT reviews lately and my bf also likes the jazz. baka mag jazz na lang kami pero still like to hear your opinion coz maganda yun porma ng Fiesta for me.
    my point is, buying your boyfriend a car is not a good decision. it may, however, open your eyes to his true personality before you marry him. so i suppose, it can be a good decision.
    good luck, po. i hope i am wrong.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    I get what Dr. D is saying, and also hope he's wrong.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    ok..ok...

I'm not buying him a car. It's still mine, he will just be using it more often than me.

I'm not getting any advice on which car, right?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    You said you're just learning how to drive, will you be driving it also? then pick what you want.

Never consider what the BF prefers, since he'll be having a brand new car for free!

For Grab or uber?

Vios / mirage G4 usually is out there.

Matibay oo, parts will not be a problem.

Among your choices for me its the Jazz!

pricey? Oo pero wala ka naman problema sa finances diba?

funny thing to compare it vs Avanza (no offense sa Avanza BTW) which I don't get.

Goodluck na lang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    First choice, jazz. Easier to maintain. Next would be the fiesta, I like the styling more than the jazz but maintenance is more important than looks. Don't like the yaris, sorry.

PS
    Your bf is lucky. Baka meron ka pa friend like you? Just kidding

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    The jazz interior and exterior is just classic. It will last 10yrs and its resale value should be very good.

Dont get the dual clutch fiesta. It has some issues.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Pardon my ignorance, pwede ba pang uber or grab ang honda?

Sent from my iPhone

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast