New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Since your mother already has a CRV, it means you are no stranger to the drinking of 2.0 liter engines. So I'd suggest you get the one with the most power, which happens to be the Tucson 2.0 (166ps). Its more spacious than the ASX and is cheaper depending on the variant. There is a reason why your cousin picked that car, and there's no reason why you shouldn't get one too.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Since your mother already has a CRV, it means you are no stranger to the drinking of 2.0 liter engines. So I'd suggest you get the one with the most power, which happens to be the Tucson 2.0 (166ps). Its more spacious than the ASX and is cheaper depending on the variant. There is a reason why your cousin picked that car, and there's no reason why you shouldn't get one too.
    Agree. Ok lang pareho sa relatives, because it is the better car. The ASX is just a Lancer hatchback and its ride height ain't that great either... Its also expensive and not good value at all... Seriously, get the Tucson why let your cousin have the best and you settle for the rest!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Yeah I agree with the previous posters - so what if your cousin has one? There's no denying that the Tucson is the best value 1M-ish car right now. At 1.158M, the 2WD GLS is priced just like a 2.0 compact, except that it's an SUV.

If you really don't want anyone to have the same car as you, get a Hyundai i30. Same price, just that nobody buys it.

But seriously, go for the Tucson. Or Focus Diesel. Or Civic 2.0S. Or my long time favorite, which despite its age, is still good value for money at 1.1M - the Mazda 3 2.0R. Another value for money choice is the Cruze LS, at just a tad above 900k.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Fiesta is just a small car, therefore, ASX will be a better buy as it's just better. It's just like CRV vs Jazz, which will you pick?

But for me, if my dad was to shoulder all the buying expenses, I'll get the Cruze. It's a compact sedan already. Spacious and capable. Not to mention, it's the newest in its class. It's also the best bang for the buck vehicle I can think of. Priced a little higher than Fiesta, but for what you'll get, it's the most practical choice.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ano ba yan ang layo na natin, napunta sa Cruze sa MZ3 sa Focus atbp...
    Kasi malabo talaga ang comparison. The ASX is P1.2M++ and The Fiesta Sport a shade above P800K. The difference is P450K malaki yun... Or as niky said buy a Trend Fiesta and an i10 eh di meron na din kapatid mo!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    just between the two, and money is no object, get the ASX. bigger is better, especially for out of town trips. fresher look as well, since the Fiesta looks more like Focus' little sister.

if you're open to other choices, get the new x-trail. very comfortable and stable ride, a little stiffer than the older xtrail, but more solid feel on the inside.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    for the price of one ASX, you get a base Fiesta and your sister gets an i10. Problem solved.
    I agree with niky...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    to the TS.

You can opt for the Lancer EX GLS. Similar spacious interior of the ASX, same engine (but tuned slightly differently), CVT tranny, smooth comfy ride and for a price of P930K.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Get the ASX.. You've mentioned that you'll also use it going to tarlac so the ASX has better leg room, luggage space & a more powerful engine.. Masikip yung loob ng fiesta, sabi ni locoroco777 parang sardinas daw sila sa loob ng fiesta.. Since money is not an issue , get the ASX.. Its a higher class model compared to the fiesta

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JPG111 View Post
    Get the ASX.. You've mentioned that you'll also use it going to tarlac so the ASX has better leg room, luggage space & a more powerful engine.. Masikip yung loob ng fiesta, sabi ni locoroco777 parang sardinas daw sila sa loob ng fiesta.. Since money is not an issue , get the ASX.. Its a higher class model compared to the fiesta

BTW sir JPG I'm on the heavier side naman kasi kaya medyo cramped kami and were all guys pa...haha!

But if below or average size guys siguro...maybe the fiesta would somehow be adequate enough for them to be accomodated...

But still I'm leaning on the ASX with this one...

ang pwede din yung sinabi ni niky... problema mo nalang is parking...
    Last edited by locoroco777; September 19th, 2010 at 05:49 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Ford Fiesta Sport vs. Mitsubishi ASX