New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    7
    #1
    Hello Guys,

    Help pls!

    If choosing between the 2, which brand-new car one is more practical to keep for the next 5 to 7 years? In terms of casa maintenance and resale value...

    We haven't owned a honda nor a ford, so your advice would be much appreciated. My hubby and I like the 'look' of the fiesta but worry about high maintenance costs and lower resale value - more for the former since we only go for casa maintenance (obviously because we don't know much about cars).

    Of course, a new 1.6G AT Altis to replace our 2007 model is still being considered...but the keyless feature of fiesta and the cheaper cost of both the latter and jazz are making us consider them...

    Thanks a lot po!

  2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,179
    #2
    I would go jazz on this.

    Resale value is very high. Just check sulit.com. Maintenance is ok, kung puro casa maintain hindi magkakalayo presyo. Mas mahal lang parts ng Ford sa labas ng casa.

    Kung hindi masyado knowledgeable sa cars, I would go for a more reliable brand of Honda or toyota.

  3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    15,525
    #3
    jazz for me.

    a) looks better imho.
    b) higher resale value
    c) more space
    d) better FC

  4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    28
    #4
    For resale value go for Jazz

    why not check out Accent Hatch 1.6L (Dsl) 6MT... its also in your price range + the power! hehe.

  5. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    7
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ChericeAlyanna View Post
    Hello Guys,

    Of course, a new 1.6G AT Altis to replace our 2007 model is still being considered...but the keyless feature of fiesta and the cheaper cost of both the latter and jazz are making us consider them...

    Thanks a lot po!
    Mali pala, I meant push button start and not keyless entry feature of fiesta...though i have been reading some negative feedback about it so more inclined to get the jazz. The fiesta just looks much nicer, aesthetically speaking. I will sched a test drive for jazz and get a feel of it. Thanks for all your replies so far!

  6. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    7
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    jazz for me.

    a) looks better imho.
    b) higher resale value
    c) more space
    d) better FC
    Thank you! The "space" advantage of jazz over fiesta is quite appealing to me too...

  7. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    7
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    Kung hindi masyado knowledgeable sa cars, I would go for a more reliable brand of Honda or toyota.
    Yun nga din reason why I got a toyota altis for my first car, for reliability and peace of mind. And I was very happy with it for the 6 years that it served me. With all the cash discounts being offered by Toyota for its current gen altis, it's tempting to just get a new Altis again for our next car. But the honda jazz and fiesta trend ps are still netting lower than the discounted altis so being a practical wife, I am more inclined to get the lower priced, yet quality-performing cars. Not unless Toyota gives an even better discount for its current gen of altis this December...then, maybe

  8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,543
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ChericeAlyanna View Post
    Mali pala, I meant push button start and not keyless entry feature of fiesta...though i have been reading some negative feedback about it so more inclined to get the jazz. The fiesta just looks much nicer, aesthetically speaking. I will sched a test drive for jazz and get a feel of it. Thanks for all your replies so far!
    You should test drive both, that's the smart thing to do.
    The Fiesta doesn't have any real issues, its already gotten its mid-cycle refresh and everything has pretty much been sorted out.

    Here's a Top Gear Philippines review of the similar Fiesta 1.5 Sport Powershift which you might also want to check out:
    (Take Note: The Fiesta Trend Powershift is mechanically similar to the Sport model, the same 112PS 1.5 liter Ti-VCT engine, and 6-speed Powershift transmission.
    Just like the Sport and Titanium models, the Trend Powershift also has Electronic Stability Program and Ford's voice-activated SYNC system.)



    The engine has a throaty, very un-Japanese growl that's quite refreshing from the usual high-pitched snarl. Lightly loaded, it will get you up to highway speed rather quickly but begins to lose steam at around 120kph. Just like its bigger brother Focus, the Fiesta has the handling chops to really make you want to throw it around. Firm suspension, quick and communicative steering that doesn't feel too much like it's electric, and good, strong brakes. The chassis has such a naturally zippy feel that I found myself in "hurry up" mode even though I didn't really have to.
    Read More: Downsizing with the 1.5-liter Ford Fiesta Sport | TopGear.com.ph

    Ford Fiesta hatchback: if you want an agile hatch with class-leading safety and tech features.
    Honda Jazz: if you want a mini MPV-like hatch
    Last edited by AG4; November 28th, 2013 at 08:41 PM.

  9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,179
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ChericeAlyanna View Post
    Yun nga din reason why I got a toyota altis for my first car, for reliability and peace of mind. And I was very happy with it for the 6 years that it served me. With all the cash discounts being offered by Toyota for its current gen altis, it's tempting to just get a new Altis again for our next car. But the honda jazz and fiesta trend ps are still netting lower than the discounted altis so being a practical wife, I am more inclined to get the lower priced, yet quality-performing cars. Not unless Toyota gives an even better discount for its current gen of altis this December...then, maybe
    Well, it's really up to you but if I were in your shoes and the choices are jazz, fiesta, or altis... I would get the altis in a heartbeat. The consideration would be that you have an altis now.

    Jazz can give you great fuel consumption, resale, and maintenance is every 10k kms. Altis however gives the better riding comfort. For me (if I had the previous model altis), it's still be an Altis over the jazz.

    Still if price, resale, and maintenance... It's the jazz.

  10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    405
    #10
    The rear passenger space of the fiesta is really cramped. So if you use the car with 3 persons on board most of the time, it would not be practical. But it looks damn nice!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Ford Fiesta 1.5 trend PS or Honda Jazz 1.3 S AT? Maintenance and Resale value