New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    I am planning to buy my first new car, please help me on deciding which car is the best: the new Ford Fiesta 1.4 hatch MT or Toyota Vios 1.3 E MT?

Gusto ko po sana yung mura lang pagdating sa maintenance and fuel efficient din.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The safe choice would probably be the Vios...

For me, its the Fiesta all the way... The Vios is boring and bland... Not my type! While the Fiesta, it is so much fun to drive.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by robquin View Post
    Gusto ko po sana yung mura lang pagdating sa maintenance and fuel efficient din.
    ...kung ito lang qualifications mo then di mo na kelangan mag-isip. Vios 1.3E ka na.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    The safe choice would probably be the Vios...

For me, its the Fiesta all the way... The Vios is boring and bland... Not my type! While the Fiesta, it is so much fun to drive.
    Actually fiesta talaga gusto ko kaso marami nag-sasabi na mahal daw ang maintenance and parts ng ford. Tama po ba?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sa mga US made Ford yes mahal, sa mga ASEAN Fords like Everest, Ranger, Focus competitive naman... An Everest won't be as expensive as say a Fortuner or Montero Sport. I think should be the case with the Fiesta as well...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Sa mga US made Ford yes mahal, sa mga ASEAN Fords like Everest, Ranger, Focus competitive naman... An Everest won't be as expensive as say a Fortuner or Montero Sport. I think should be the case with the Fiesta as well...
    ah, ok... thanks sir.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by robquin View Post
    I am planning to buy my first new car, please help me on deciding which car is the best: the new Ford Fiesta 1.4 hatch MT or Toyota Vios 1.3 E MT?

Both cars are ok but between the two, I'll take the fiesta. FC wise, hindi yan magkakalayo. Maintenance, Ford did announce the ownership cost would be lower than other brands. Just look for the said ad in the newspaper.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Vios for me, pero kung 1.3 M/T rin lang, I'll try to save some money and go for th 1.3J instead kasi all power na rin naman yung J and its basically the same na with the E except for magwheels and some accessories.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Kung maintenance cost and fuel efficiency and main considerations, proven na ang Vios.

The Fiesta--while offering better features than the Vios--is new in Pinas. It not yet proven how parts and maintenance cost and availability will be like from Pinas dealers and other stores

If you're the risky type, go with the Fiesta. Pero kung gusto mo maniguro with your hard-earned cash, go with the safer choice.

Or wait for a few months and read about the growing Fiesta owners' positive and negative feedbacks later

Ford Fiesta 1.4 hatch MT or Toyota Vios 1.3 E? MT