New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Hi guys. I just want to ask your opinions regarding the Ford Explorers from Japan that are being auctioned at Subic. Are they worth taking a look at considering their hefty gas consumption? Thanks in advance for your valued responses

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    pls. dont mind me ha. but this is so funny ... american cars na pinaglumaan ng mga Japs tapos ibebenta sa Subic. these smugglers dont waste time hehehe kano naman kaya nila ibebenta 'to. as if the low-resale gen1 body is not enough na here

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    theres already a thread with regards to your inquiry... look at "Car Talk" then look for "SC allows Subic free port to continue importing used cars..." there are also pictures and prices of some of the vehicles that came from subic.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    thanks chuaed for the directions to the thread.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A lot of early Japanese-market Explorers are original LHD since Japan doesn't really care which side the steering wheel is on as long as the vehicle complies with their other standards.

They became quite a hit in Japan, prompting Ford to invest in developing an RHD model.

An original LHD model is better than some cut and weld job. Fuel consumption is not as terrible as you think if you have a light foot.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    meron ako dati na 1998 5.0 v8 at 1999 4.0 v6. eto ang gas consumptions ko sa dalawa.

5.0 v8 = 12 mpg
    4.0 v6 = 14 mpg

combined city and highway driving yan. mabigat siburo paa ko nakikita ko pa rin paminsan minsan na minamaneho ng mga bumili sa akin.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cheapest winning bid for these babies were 250k
    jeep cheerokees can be have at 280k

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jeep cheerokees at 280k....wow ....gandang pang off-road toy yan ah

Ford Explorers from Japan