New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Based on your inclinations, I think its down to the explorer or cx9. Both are good SUVs and will fit your needs. Personally, not everyday cars though, as it will eat a significant part of your budget for gas... unless puro hi-way daan mo.

BTW, just curious, why the 4x2 santa fe and not the 4x4? At 2.28M, more features and price is nearer to the explorer or pajero.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    With great performance comes greater fuel consumption... At least diesel is p10 less per L.
    +1 ako dito

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I would consider the 4x2 Santa Fe, but at 2.28m, parang sobra na yung 4x4. The Santa Fe is a nice five seater, but the third row is nowhere near as spacious as in the Explorer or CX9.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, Santa Fe's 3rd row is the factor. So even its 4x4 guise with more goodies has the same handicap.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    *eq not bad thanks for the input.(for a huge truck body that is)

drop the hyundai and add the cx9 vs pajero vs explorer - they're all in the same league.

i would be watching and taking note of this thread by the way waht's the fuel(diesel) consumption of the pajero bk?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Depends on how it's driven. In my experience, at 90 kmh, the CX9 can eke out 10, the Explorer can do maybe 12. The Explorer 2.0T can do maybe 12-14 in the same conditions. Driven at 100 plus, they're all around 9-10.

Not that the diesels are all that great. The Veracruz is about the same as the Explorer V6 on the highway.
    Agree with this, however, in Metro Manila traffic and using the vehilce as an everyday car...... gas consumption will eat away a significant portion of the budget. Not unless the threadstarter uses the vehicle in highways and as a weekend family car only, diesel engines will have its benefit. Otherwise, either the CX9 or Explorer is a good buy.

I would like to ask the threadstarter how many kilometers does your everyday vehicle log in a month? If on average, about a 1,000 kms per month, then if you use the Explorer with consumption of about 4-5Kms/L with gas prices let's say at 50php a liter, then that would translate to gas consumption of about 12500 a month. If that amount is ok with you, then by no means get the Explorer or the CX9. Otherwise, get a diesel engine with decent mileage that will slash your budget by half.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    *eq, sorry but i used it in a layman's term and not in its strict sense, so no chasis for this one since it's a monocoque?

pero okay naman ang pajero bk? yan kasi pinapipilian namin explorer v pajero bk(the only diesel) v prado

but leaning towards the explorer since it looks like the gas consumption is not that bad compared to the old gas guzzler of ford and other u.s. brands
    panalo lang ng pajero is the diesel engine.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The BK has decent handlng, actually, and is fun to drive. And the diesel is a pretty good motor. But as it's on the old side, interior space, refinement and third row appointments aren't quite as good as other 2m plus SUVs.

Kumbaga... it's a good car, but it's getting old.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bjreyesmd View Post
    Based on your inclinations, I think its down to the explorer or cx9. Both are good SUVs and will fit your needs. Personally, not everyday cars though, as it will eat a significant part of your budget for gas... unless puro hi-way daan mo.

BTW, just curious, why the 4x2 santa fe and not the 4x4? At 2.28M, more features and price is nearer to the explorer or pajero.
    For 1.7m, the santa fe isnt cheap as compared to the competition but is considerable, but at 2.28m i wont spend my money on something that i can buy for 1.8m that is already Imho is Overpriced minus some of the "luxurious" features.

Setting aside fuel economy the explorer is better than the santa fe in all aspects. Im just wondering on why hyundai priced the santa fe that way.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Napaicip din ako, yung Sta.Fe : made in Korea while yung Pajero : made in Japan, yung Explorer kaya?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Ford explorer ecoboost vs mitsubishi pajero dsl vs hyundai santa fe 2wd vs ???