New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Best luxury under 3m? Get an Alphard.

After our test drive, two uncles bought Alphards. The V6 is unmatched for second and third row passenger comfort, and economy is actually better than V6 SUVs.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Best luxury under 3m? Get an Alphard.

After our test drive, two uncles bought Alphards. The V6 is unmatched for second and third row passenger comfort, and economy is actually better than V6 SUVs.
    But sir niky isn't the alphard's luxuriousness best experience when riden and not driven i mean dapat may chauffer. my father is already 48years old so gusto sana namen is ma-enjoy naman nya yung pinaghirapan nya (no bragging), kaya pag nag-alphard sya baka magmukha syang driver. Pero i read your review of the alphard, a very good car indeed. But unfortunately my family will not consider. So, among the three which is the most powerful?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameTaken View Post
    Parang i saw it nga when i went to the showroom, well not really went inside the pajero as we have no plans on buying one not until later. Napansin ko is parang walang headrest yung 3rd row at parang masyadong mababa yung seats.
    Medyo mababa nga yung seatback. Parang di abot sa batok yung back rest.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    But sir niky isn't the alphard's luxuriousness best experience when riden and not driven i mean dapat may chauffer. my father is already 48years old so gusto sana namen is ma-enjoy naman nya yung pinaghirapan nya (no bragging), kaya pag nag-alphard sya baka magmukha syang driver. Pero i read your review of the alphard, a very good car indeed. But unfortunately my family will not consider. So, among the three which is the most powerful?
    Between the 3, I would cross out the Santa Fe because of the cramped 3rd row. Apparently, same with the Pajero because of the 3rd row. The Explorer really got my attention when it first came in, but the Ecoboost has pretty limited features/accessories compared to the Limited. For the price vs features, consider the Limited.

Choosing other than the 3, I think the Mazda CX9 is a good contender. You get the space for 7, 272 bhp, comfortable ride, and I would say exclusivity because it's not common. Fuel consumption, well it's as thirsty as the Explorer. Might be a bit thirstier than the Ecoboost, but not by much. Ecoboost is not that frugal. Mazda has some crazy discounts nowadays because they're selling off their inventory to make way for the facelifted CX9. But the current one is nothing to be ashamed of. Mas pogi pa din siya, IMO.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Alphard drives very well, and is narrower than the Explorer or Santa Fe, so it's easier to drive. Fun, too, thanks to the handling and power.

If it's an SUV, hard to beat the Explorer V6. the CX9 drives better and feels more special from the driver's seat, but is thirstier. While it lacks the Explorer's toys, it has a more "European" feel to it. Definitely the "sports car" amongst big seven seaters.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Test drive isnt an option, hindi kasi yun uso dito sayang

Naconfused ako sa traverse and i tried looking at some ads sa sulit, laki pala ng price drop you get a free chevy spark at 2.4m slashed price tag. Kaso pag walang bumibili may something sa kotse.

Btw, how much did you sell your montero? Model? Year? Thanks.
    Sold my Montero for a little under P900k, bought Nov-2009.

Wag Traverse, there are better options. Check this comparo of 7-seater crossover SUVs.
    Three-Row Crossover SUV Comparison - Chevrolet Traverse vs Dodge Durango vs Ford Explorer vs Honda Pilot vs Mazda CX-9 vs Toyota Highlander - Motor Trend

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Alphard drives very well, and is narrower than the Explorer or Santa Fe, so it's easier to drive. Fun, too, thanks to the handling and power.

If it's an SUV, hard to beat the Explorer V6. the CX9 drives better and feels more special from the driver's seat, but is thirstier. While it lacks the Explorer's toys, it has a more "European" feel to it. Definitely the "sports car" amongst big seven seaters.
    My CX9 is doing better than 6km per liter on city driving (Mandaluyong, Taguig, Makati, Manila). The latest release (2012/2013) has better FC than earlier CX9 (2007-2011). On highway, 9-10 km/liter.

How is the FC of Explorer?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    My CX9 is doing better than 6km per liter on city driving (Mandaluyong, Taguig, Makati, Manila). The latest release (2012/2013) has better FC than earlier CX9 (2007-2011). On highway, 9-10 km/liter.

How is the FC of Explorer?
    The latest release of the AWD has better FC than the first batch? Wow, then that's great for 4x2 owners

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Depends on how it's driven. In my experience, at 90 kmh, the CX9 can eke out 10, the Explorer can do maybe 12. The Explorer 2.0T can do maybe 12-14 in the same conditions. Driven at 100 plus, they're all around 9-10.

Not that the diesels are all that great. The Veracruz is about the same as the Explorer V6 on the highway.
    Last edited by niky; December 28th, 2012 at 07:23 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    With great performance comes greater fuel consumption... At least diesel is p10 less per L.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Ford explorer ecoboost vs mitsubishi pajero dsl vs hyundai santa fe 2wd vs ???