New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Yun lang, maxado mahal ang Diesel na Prado.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    You said you plan to keep the car for only 4-5 years and it should be easy to sell.... All the cars you mentioned are meant for long term and might not be easy to sell considering the price and they are gas-fed.

For your family, you might want to consider the TOTL Starex? Its diesel, should be easy to sell and may spare change ka pa.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Toyota Rando Kuruza Prado for me ...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well i agree the Prado is more a long-term vehicle. As hardcore fanatics say, LCs break-in is the 1st 100t kms. Hehehe!

Is the power delivery of the v6 Explorer very much different from the ecoboost? Underpowered talaga?

Posted from my iPhone

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    ot- i've never been a fan of fwd except in small cars

isa rin sa reason why we choose the awd of the v6 explorer

maybe this was due to our old mb100- the only vehicle we disposed of(since we still have our oldies we even converted our old van into an ambulance(for school maritime training exercise purpose only))

nissan said they would bring their elgrand here, is it true?
    No final word on the El Grand, but I've heard they've done market research, already.

Can't judge FWD based on the MB100. It's unusual in that it has a longitudinal mount FWD system... but that's not the problem... the problem is the MB100's gearing was not sufficient to allow it to climb slopes properly. The Nissan Vanette had the same issue, and it was RWD. If your van was a Vanette, you would probably say you would never buy a RWD car again...

-

The FWD Ecoboost has a lot of power, but the weight of the vehicle and traction control mean that it doesn't have problems putting it down like the FWD Sorento does. In fact, the Ecoboost feels quicker than the V6, partly because it has more torque and less drivetrain losses than the V6.

Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Well i agree the Prado is more a long-term vehicle. As hardcore fanatics say, LCs break-in is the 1st 100t kms. Hehehe!

Is the power delivery of the v6 Explorer very much different from the ecoboost? Underpowered talaga?

Posted from my iPhone
    The V6 feels weaker from a stop, but the Ecoboost has issues with uneven power delivery and boost surge. It's not a very refined drivetrain compared to the V6. On the highway, they're nearly even, with the V6 feeling a bit stronger at the top of the rev range.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    To the thread starter, it boils down to the primary use of the vehicle. Is you primary use more of a go anywhere and do anything vehicle? If yes then the SUV is your choice. If your purpose is more of a luxury cruiser that seats 7 people in comfort then the Alphard is your choice.

The SUV's might be the more popular and macho choice, but for me the Alphard is the perfect family hauler and really no complaints except for the AVT head unit which really looks out of place for a 3m xar which I immediately replaced.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    I was able to physically check all 3 vehicles and each has its own merits/drawbacks so it's difficult to make a decision. Plus since I'm not the one who will be driving most of the time, I guess I don't have a strong urgency to choose.

Thanks for the feedback!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Get the Alphard V6 na lang.
    Second choice for me is the Prado.
    The explo is getting more and more issues and unreliable reviews.
    It is even named top 5 out of 10 least reliable cars in autoguide.
    First ata yung V6 na explo. Read it here.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by greatauror28 View Post
    Get the Alphard V6 na lang.
    Second choice for me is the Prado.
    The explo is getting more and more issues and unreliable reviews.
    It is even named top 5 out of 10 least reliable cars in autoguide.
    First ata yung V6 na explo. Read it here.
    that consumer report has been sued a couple of times and they always settle it out(eg. isuzu bighorn roll over- the test done was an out of this world maneuver like a stunt car, and the suzuki vitara)
    but yes there are problems with the explorer since it has more computer controlled electronics plus the carbon monoxide smell in the cabin ones you reached 100kph(solved by a racing chip aftermarket part)

i also remember the consumer report tried to deface the honda civic bug eye before but it outsold every competitor and became the most reliable car ever since which put little honda into the big boys league

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, that's my fear of big Fords. Had a '99 Exped before and that wasn't too 'electronic' but there already were gremlins. What more the new ones.

The Prado had some KDSS issues before but with some sort of a reboot, ok na.

Alphard na lang for a family ride! Pwede din kung Daddy driver!

Posted from my iPhone

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast